Wednesday, December 5, 2018

The Prairie Schooler Santa Tree

 Good morning!
What a joy it is to bring out my Santa friends every year to hang on this Prairie Schooler Santa Tree!
There is one new ornament this year .. this truck driving Santa from Santa Rides .. one of our fabulous you tube subscribers sent the chart and I can't wait to get them all stitched! I mounted it on sticky board and then used some green tartan plaid for the background ..a buffalo check bow and a rusty bell and that's all he needs!
 Buffalo plaid ribbons are added through the tree .. as well as some Santa ornaments .. this little felt Santa hung on my tree as a child.
 I got this little Santa mug at Hobby lobby ..he is adorable!

 Some are stitched on tea dyed aida ..and most are on 28 count coffee tea dyed Monaco .. I have 4 left of the yearly Santa's ..I need to get busy!
 The tree is up on a bin because the village runs underneath it .. It is a flocked tree from Walmart ..
 I use white fake fur strips for garland .. just like Santa's suit!
 The topper is an old fabric Santa head.. I have an idea for a new topper but so far it hasn't gotten finished!
 I finish all the ornaments differently so they are so unique to look at .. so many fabrics to choose from!

Thanks so much for your visit!
                                                  If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                               
                                            http://jannolson.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your Prairie Schooler tree, an old fashioned feel. I'm looking forward to see the new topper
Kathleen in Az

Gayla said...

I must say I have a heart for Prairie Schoolers! I stitched them from the beginning. Your tree is so cute! Do you have any idea how many pieces of cross stitch you have? Phenomenal! Inspiring! Beautiful! <3

Mama Jean said...

This is gorgeous! I've looked everywhere for buffalo plaid
ribbon this year. Where have you found yours?

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That is the most amazing tree I've ever seen! WOW! I just started cross stitching after many years and I'm enjoying it. I love your Christmas designs...I'm going oooooh and aaaahhh! Holiday hugs, Diane

ALICE MARGAUX said...

Wow your decorations are awesome Priscilla. Great cross stitch ornaments.

Barb said...

That tree is absolutely amazing . What a wonderful collection of PS Santas plus other fun Santas!!

TrishaR said...

I look forward to seeing your PS Santa tree every year! It never disappoints. Ho! Ho! Ho!