Monday, October 29, 2018

We Made Halloween Qullts part 2

 Good morning!
Only 2 more days til Halloween and both of our quilts are finally finished! We used 4 inch squares and they are twin size quilts ..there are 432 squares in each quilt .. Last year we made our first Halloween Quilts 

 We started them October 6 th and used mostly fabrics that I had in my craft room .. We did add some from the The Loopy ewe  who had given us a cute bundle of Hallowen prints..
Since we finished these new ones had to be started ..I found these fabrics at Walmart .. they are fat quarters and I am using the quilt as you go method for making a strip quilt and these squares are 6-1/2 inches 
This one is Swell Christmas jelly rolls with white snowflake fabric added .. It is also quilt as you go with 9 inch blocks ..It just needs backing and binding and a little more quilting :) It is also twin size 
This is the video we watched to make these string quilts..


 Chelsea started a baby quilt for Cash with a jelly roll and the quilt as you go string quilt .. her blocks are also 6-1/2 inches .. It is little farm fabrics and super cute!
For the Halloween quilts  I used candy corn for backing and another candy corn fabric for binding ..You can see even the Halloween cat approves :) As you can see we want our quilts to be used and they are already getting great workouts!
This weeks Floss tube



Halloween Home Tour 



Thanks so much for your visit!
                                                  If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                               
                                            http://jannolson.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Carm said...

Cute quilts!

Connie said...

Great Job! Your quilts are wonderful and just in time for cold weather. I especially like the one you're working on now. Come on over and get in on my banner Give-A-Way.
Have a sweet day.
Connie :)
P.S. that candy corn fabric on the boarder is adorable.

Unknown said...

I love your Halloween quilts. Do you cut your fabric 4 inch square and sew down to 3 1/2? Thank you for sharing your talents. I love your blog.

Row. said...

So in love with these! I really like the candy corn backing and trim. would you please share the name of the you tube channel you watched? for some reason I can not click the link. T.I. A.

Barb said...

Great quilts, I think you have the right attitude. Quilts were made to be used not just admired but never used. The pictures with the baby and the animals are wonderful. He is such a cutie!!

Unknown said...

I agree with Barb, quilts are made to be used. Love Cashs quilt and approved by your QC:). Kathleen in Az

Meg said...

Love, love, love the photos! Well done, ladies! The last two photos are so funny - the difference between dogs and cats explained, in two photos.

Kiss Cash for us!