Sunday, October 30, 2016

A Trip To Utah..and Some Cross Stitch!


Good morning!
Last Wednesday we flew out of Chicago for a trip to Utah.. We have never been to Utah . so it was nice to have a couple days to explore! The photo above is from Logan .. It was so pretty there with the changing leaves and mountains! Doesn't it look like it could be a puzzle or a cross stitch ? :)
These photos were taken in the Cache National Forest
It smelled like Christmas in the mountains from all the trees!

Of course we had to go to Ogden to see Shepherd's Bush ! 
It was quite overwhelming seeing all the pretty models stitched up!
Look at all the Prairie Schooler Santa's stitched on large count fabric for pillows! OMG I had to bring some of that fabric home to make one myself! Aren't they just amazing!
I am doing the 2016 Santa on the big cloth.. it is 7 count! ( I will also stitch it small for my Santa tree)
I ordered my threads ( pearl cotton) so hopefully when they get here I will start it!

This cute witch was also done on a larger count and made into a pretty pillow ...isn't it the cutest! If you are ever near there you need to go and just gawk! :)

We saw Bison on Antelope Island..




We walked around Temple Square in Salt Lake city .. It was beautiful ..Look at this gorgeous house that was across the street ..
We went to Park City .. it was also very pretty there .
and then the reason we went to Utah .. the football game between Utah State and San Diego State..

We had great weather up until Friday and then it was a rainy mess! It was raining so hard during the game that water was flowing down the stairs like waterfalls ! But it was all good as San Diego State won the game 40-13.. and thankfully my husband insisted we buy rain ponchos otherwise we would have been more soaked than we already were!
We saw and did a lot in 3 days time and it was a very fun trip!

 If you would like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)


Thanks so much for all your visits and sweet comments !

8 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a fabulous adventure you had to Utah! I love the first picture you shared of Logan. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

My Cozy Casita said...

Nice been in Utah my HB work for 3 year there is beautiful this time the year and winter is nice the ski resort are nice so many beautiful house the have the Mormon muceo are very interesting the history how they was desgrimater and the travel all around the country ending in Utah
It's a lot of money there we liked but he was relocated back to Florida, Park City in winter is beautiful is like Christmas village I'm glad you enjoy
Blessing
Isora

Barb said...

I would call that a very successful trip, pretty scenery, a great cross stitch shop, and a winning football game!

Unknown said...

Congratulations for your son's team! I bet you were in stichery heaven at the store:). Gorgeous Fall pictures!
Happy Halloween! Kathleen in Az

Summer said...

Nice scenery and stitching♥

Carol said...

Utah looks beautiful, Priscilla--my kind of scenery with the mountains and lakes. And to be able to visit SB is like the icing on the cake! Those huge PS Santas do look lovely and I'll look forward to seeing yours, both large and small :)

So glad your son's team is doing so well!! Very exciting for all of you :)

Chrissie B said...

Your pictures are beautiful!! and those PILLOWS...I think I may have to call that store and order some of that fabric, I do have a few of the patterns. Only problem is I don't sew so after I do the cross stitch how do I get them made into the pillows????

Karie said...

Good morning, I am so happy you got to see our beautiful state of Utah. This is where I live. I live just 30 miles west of Salt Lake City, in a funny pronounced town of Tooele, Utah. I love visiting your blog. I too am a counted stitcher. I have done some of your chalk board patterns. My stitching is simple, I am nothing like you. You do such beautiful work. I hope you have a great week. See you soon. Karie from Utah.