Monday, October 10, 2016

Halloween Rules!

 Happy Monday!
Woo HOO ..It's finished!
Lizzie Kate Halloween Rules ..

So.. I had decided how I was going to do this ..I just ad to get the board cut and chalkboard painted ..I had a little help from one of my sons today ..and got this finished ,I still haven't decided where it is going to be displayed..  but don't you love it?

I had 2 light weight pieces of board cut at Home Depot to mount both the stitching and the other piece was used for the black homespun check ( on the bias) to use as a mat for the stitching. I glued the two pieces together and also glued it to the board.
 I knew I wanted it to be just black and white ..no colored chalk .. and a simple pumpkin leaf garland all the way around.
Oh my gosh I am so excited it turned out just the way I wanted it! I need to do some Halloween rearranging and find it the perfect spot!

 If you would like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)


Thanks so much for all your visits and sweet comments !
Linking to these fabulous parties !   
                                              http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/
http://elizabethandco.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

Josie0602 said...

You are so talented! I love how you find unique ways to frame your stitching!

Tracy G

Darlene Gardner said...

I have been checking with your blog every since you finished this piece to see how you would display it. I love it! You combined your love of chalkboard, fabric on the bias and your stitching in one! Wherever you put it, it will be a show stopper!

janicek said...

That turned out so incredibly cute!! What a beautiful piece of work to display each October - nice job as usual!

Kamilla said...

You did a great job, this cross stitched is amazing and I love the way you have finished it. Where did you buy this pattern , I would love to do it for next year too ( it is probably too late for this Halloween). Take care:)

Jan K said...

Wow!! Great job thinking out of the box. I love it!!!

Deb said...

Fabulous job!!!

Katie Mansfield said...

Yikes. It's darling. I didn't know there were rules but I love them.

Unknown said...

That's what Halloween is all about:). A beautiful job framing it!
Kathleen in Az

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Just beautiful!! You are so talented!!
Hugs,
Deb

Irene said...

wow meraviglioso

Anonymous said...

I am just amazed at these carved pumpkins! They're wonderful! It's been said - you're so creative and talented. Now you have inspired me to get back to cross stitching! I haven't done any cross stitching since the early 90s. I love how you fix your pieces so you can change them out. Would you ever consider creating a post of how you do that? I didn't buy a kit but a book of seasonal houses. They're bigger than most you do. I probably should have gone smaller! I usually bite off more than I can chew! ;)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)