Monday, April 10, 2023

Chicken and Broccoli casserole


Happy Monday!
This is a recipe I make a lot.. my kids all love it .. it's definitely comfort food!

Chicken Broccoli Casserole

3 chicken breasts cooked and shredded I drizzle with olive oil and top with 
chili powder and salt and pepper ( I have also used  left over turkey shredded)

 3 broccoli crowns ..or 1 whole head of broccoli.. steamed until it starts to soften up..You need enough for the bottom of a 13x 9 pan

2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1-1/2 cups shredded Colby /jack cheese
1 cup soft breadcrumbs.. I use french bread and my food processor
!/2 cup of melted butter.. plus butter to butter the bottom of a 13 x  9 baking dish.

Preheat oven to 350..
Butter the bottom of a 13x 9 baking dish
add the broccoli .. add the chicken on top of that. If you would like salt and pepper add it now on top of chicken layer.
Mix the soups , mayonnaise and lemon juice together and spread with a spatula over the top..  
Add the grated cheese on top of the soup mixture. Make your breadcrumbs and add those on top of cheese..I pat them down and make sure its all covered .. melt 1 half stick of butter and drizzle over the top. 
Cook uncovered in the preheated  350 degree oven for 35 minutes.  
I make 1/2 of the recipe and bake in a little square baking dish and its still amazing!
Serve over rice and it's a perfect dinner!
Thanks so much for stopping by!


Full of crafty and decorative items!
 If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)

No comments: