Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Trick Or Treat Stitchy Finish!


 Good morning!
The 2 Judith Kirby Halloween Houses are all stitched and displayed! I started them a year ago last August :)

 I had a hard time trying to find a way to display these that I really liked .. I bought things and took them back .. made something that didn't work .. but yesterday I was at Hobby Lobby and saw this Jack o Lantern  trick or treat sign .. 7.99 plus 40% off.. :)

( It looks kind of crooked in the hanging photos but it is straight.. Just hard to get good pics!)

So .. my husband cut a board for underneath the stitched piece and mat piece of black homespun check on the bias ..of course! Then drilled 2 holes in the board and 2 holes in the trick or treat sign ..added wires to connect .. then glued the homespun piece to the board..
 Isn't it c-u-t-e!
 I stitched it on tea / coffee dyed light blue evenweave..
 For now it is hanging from the shelf in the kitchen .. not sure where it will end up but I couldn't wait to show you!

 If you would like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)


Thanks so much for all your visits and sweet comments !
Linking to these fabulous parties !   
                                              http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/
http://elizabethandco.blogspot.com/

12 comments:

janicek said...

That is just too adorable! I made the first half and already have that displayed but now am wishing that I had made the other half as well. Your display is spot on!!

Cindy's Stitching said...

You should be in better homes and gardens. Your decorations are always pretty. Beautiful finish

Beca said...

Your cross stitch work is adorable. I love the way you display them.
xx Beca

Jan K said...

Would u be interested in selling the patterns? I sent you a PM

Kris said...

You couldn't have found a more perfect way to hang this to show it off. It is my favorite one. Although I love them all. What a great look!!
xo Kris

Unknown said...

So cute and I like the way you displayed it too.
Kathleen in Az

Lynn said...

Beautiful work and you've displayed it perfectly-enjoy:@)

GranthamLynn said...

So cute. Such Bootiful work! I'd love to feature at the Halloween Party on the 31st. Come over to the blog please and leave me a comment so I can include you.
I love visiting. Your posts are always fun and your work really is beautiful.
Happy Fall!

Barb said...

You have the most clever way of displaying your stitching! You could write a book . I would buy it for sure!!!!!

Darlene Gardner said...

This is probably my favorite of all your Halloween stitching! And what a wonderful way to display it! Love this piece.

Carol said...

Another fantastic finish, Priscilla. I dearly love this design, too--it is so classic and brings back wonderful memories of trick-or-treating as a child :)

Cathy said...

Love this so much. I have been searching for the patterns for a very long time, no luck! Any suggestions for sources other than ebay? Your work is so beautiful. I just wish I had a tenth of your talent!