Friday, November 29, 2019

Stuffed artichokes and chicken pot pie

Good morning! 
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
As promised here is the stuffed artichoke recipe and the link to the best chicken pot pie! Greta for all your leftover turkey too! 
First thing is to bang the artichoke on the counter to open it up more .. then rinse and dry upside down to drain them ..
To make the artichokes ..you need sliced bread made into bread crumbs . I do not like the dry bread crumbs so make them fresh ..I used about 9 slices for 3 huge artichokes .. 1/4 cup shredded Romano cheese .. tsp. dried parsley .. tsp. salt ..and 1/4 tsp pepper ..olive oil

Mix the cheese and spices in to the breadcrumbs

and then spoon some of the bread crumb mixture into every leaf .. Place in a steamer pot with water underneath the steamer .. and drizzle with about a Tbsp of olive oil on top of each artichoke .Put the lid on and bring to a boil then turn down to low/ medium .. I cooked these for one hour 30 minutes .. You will know they are ready when you can easily pull out a leaf . Check the water in the steamer .. I had to add water once to make sure it didn't go dry .
Here they are all cooked 
and the finished artichoke .. This was the way my family made them and they are fabulous!
This chicken pot pie is simply amazing .. Definitely make the crust it is the best part! I don't go thru all the steps for the crust they did .. I make it in my kitchenaid and just get the butter and flour combined then add all the other ingredients .. click here for the recipe
Black Friday Shopping at Fat Quarter shop get 20% off thru Saturday Nov. 30 , 2019 click here  so if you've wanted some of our Merch now is the time to shop! :)
We are Thankful for all of you!

*** Our Amazon Shop  ****
Full of crafty and decorative items!

**
We have hoodies! Click here 
Ronnie's Needleminder click here 

We have bags! Click here   

*** Stitching with the Housewives shirts ..click here  ****

 If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                               
 Blog  Parties I link to ...                                          

6 comments:

Holly said...

Both recipes sound delicious! I can't wait to try them. Thank you for sharing, now off to FQS to buy some merch! Happy belated Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Bunny E Martins said...

Thank you so much for the recipes! They look delicious. Going to try the pie tomorrow with my leftover turkey.

Patty's Stitches said...

This may sound crazy, but do you eat 'll parts of a fresh artichoke? I've never had one. Just the hearts from a jar. 🤔

Amelia said...

Hello There! I just stopped from Barbara's Sweet Tea blog, I saw your post on the sidebar when I saw 'stuffed artichokes'. I grew up with Italian grandparents and we too made artichokes like this!

I also married an Italian so artichokes are a treat in our home! I'm allergic to most dairy so many times I make mine with breadcrumbs and lots of garlic powder and parsley with the olive oil.

I just had to stop by, it's not every day that you run into someone who knows how to make *real* Italian artichokes!

Blessings! ~Amelia

Grace Gervasi Houston said...

Hi Priscilla...your arickokes look so good! My Mom and Grandma always made these and passed their recipe down to me. Very similar to yours but we also add mozzarella cheese or Monterey Jack in each leaf along with tomato sauce on top. It melts into the breadcrumb which gives a cheesy goodness on the leaves.��

Nature’s stitches said...

So lucky to have each other and the rest of the family
Wonderful home cooked meals to make the day way more special truly lucky ladies and talented to boot