Monday, November 30, 2015

Chalkboards and Candy Canes Kitchen Tree


 Happy Monday!
My second tree is the tree that is in our kitchen decorated with chalkboards and candy canes.. For the past 6 years I have used a fat white tree and once we removed part of the wall in the kitchen it was just too big. So I found this white pencil tree at Target and it is the perfect size for this area..

 There is even one stitched chalkboard ornament on the tree ..I need more of those!( Hands On Design Just Cross Stitch Magazine)
The bottle brush candy canes are my favorites!
For the tree "skirt"I bought a basket at the Goodwill $2.99 ..cut off the handle..spray painted it dark grey and then dry brushed it with cream paint Cut a hole in the top and stuck the tree pole in it then into the tree stand which is mostly inside the basket ..
To top the tree I used this burlap red gingham star I found at Hobby Lobby a long time ago and some red and white berry picks from Michaels..
and there is the Ice skate tree in the background..
If you would like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)

Thanks so much for all your visits and sweet comments !

Linking to these fabulous parties !

http://modvintagelife.blogspot.com//

12 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Priscilla, I love your candy cane and chalkboard tree. It is very festive. Did you use chalkboard tags for some of your chalkboard ornaments?

Connie said...

Oh my word! Your trees are wonderful . . . so imaginative and fresh.
I love your Christmas decor :)

Unknown said...

What a cheerful and festive Christmas tree! So candy cane cute! Kathleen in Az

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Priscilla,
You are killing me with your new trees! I LOVE them. Did you get this tree this year at Target? I have been eyeing pencil trees for a few years now and I LOVE this white.
It looks so pretty with all the candy canes and the blackboard ornaments and I really love the pencil tree in your Kitchen. Looks great where you have it...

Hugs,
Deb

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Oh my,, everything is perfect. Love both trees.
I did a candy/cookie tree in my kitchen and that is one of my most favorite trees ever.
Looking forward to seeing the rest of your wonderful decorations.
Mary

Barb said...

The chalk board designs look perfect on that tree!

Debbie said...

Very pretty! I love the look of the chalkboard.

Denise Marie said...

Love it!! I am inspired to do the same idea in my kitchen. I have a ton of real candy canes left over from Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes. I also have a dozen thrifted chalkboards. The love and warmth you exude in your home is beautiful!

Sandi Magle said...

Lots of Fun here, I'm heading to my kitchen today---to do some decorating! And RED WHITE...is way to go! Cute, thank-you for sharing! Sandi

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh my golly Miss Molly.... gorgeous!

Pamela said...

Pricilla love your white trees! I just went in the attic and found one I bought on clearance last year that I forgot about. You have inspired me if I get a chance to get it out.

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Oh my goodness, that candy cane tree is so adorable! I love the little chalkboards, too!