Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Up On The Housetop Mantel

 Good Morning!
I have been busy decking our halls! I so enjoy the festivities and decorations of the Christmas season!
 For this years mantel I used some of the putz like cardboard houses ...white and flocked greenery ..pine cones and glittery metal snowflakes. The chalkboard features Santa and his reindeer's Up On the Housetop! It is in a vintage frame ..
 I take the battery packs out of the houses and stuff Christmas lights into the bottom so I don't need to replace batteries :)
 I just love how this chalkboard turned out!
 I am still working on my youngest son's stocking to replace the second from the right ..all the stitching is finished it just needs more back stitching and of course finishing.. hoping it is up there before Christmas!
 A little peek of the snowman tree..
 I have 6 trees up..7 more to go!
If you would like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)

Thanks so much for all your visits and sweet comments !

Linking to these fabulous parties !

http:http://diyshowoff.com/
http://modvintagelife.blogspot.com//

15 comments:

Darlene Gardner said...

Love your trees I put up several, but I can't image doing 13! Your mantle is very pretty.

Angelina at Petite Haus said...

Your mantle is so cute! Love all the little lit houses! I have 3 trees up (one big one and 2 tabletop ones)... Saving the 4th and final one for a fresh tree after Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

Beautiful mantle and I love your Christmas stockings. Kathleen in Az

Anonymous said...

Hi Priscilla! I love your pretty mantel! I love those glitter houses and I put mine on my Christmas tree last year. I do believe you are ahead of all of us! ;)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Betty said...

It looks beautiful. I will be putting ours out the day after Thanksgiving, but after seeing yours I want to now. HA! HA!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

PRISCILLA!!!!!!
LOVE this pretty mantle!! I am such a sucker for these type of houses. May I ask where you bought yours? I did buy 2 small ones in JoAnn's this year.
My entire upstairs is done with 7 Trees up there. I have the Dining Room decorated but still have to do the Tree in there. And yesterday , I decorated 2 trees in the Living Room. I will be working in the Living Room this week. Soon I will start to post over on my Christmas blog.......I am loving my new part time status as it gives me time to play!!
Can't wait to see the rest of your Christmas decorating as you always inspire me!!
How many Trees will I do this year...right now, 11 up and still counting......

Hugs,
Deb

janicek said...

Oh my, I absolutely love that cute chalkboard on your mantle! And, thank you so much for the sneak peak of your snowman tree :). Snowmen are my favorite. Working on a Country Cottage cross stitch with snowmen right now! Can't wait to see the rest of your house. Happy Holidays!

Barb said...

I'm so happy to see your holiday decorating has started. Your mantel is beautiful.

Barb said...

I LOVE your mantle and am looking for a Christmas project? Where did you get the "putz like houses"? An old collectible you've had, or something I can currently get? The ones I've seen are so much smaller than yours. And are they cardboard or ceramic?

So many questions. . . I hope you have time to respond.
I love your blog and check it almost daily for updates.
Thanks so much! :) Barb helloimbarb@gmail.com

Cindy Lou said...

Omg!!! Fantastic!!!! Looks absolutely charming ! Great ! Great! Job! Can't wait to see all your trees!!! Love it!

Debbiedoos said...

You are decked!

Jackie said...

Everything looks so beautiful!

Emily said...

Oh my goodness you have been working hard! So much detail and fun!

Carol said...

Oh, my gosh!! Christmas is truly YOUR season, Priscilla!! I am in awe--can't imagine 13 trees (or where to store them). No wonder you start your Christmas decorating so early--with all of that loveliness you need a longer time to enjoy everything :)

Love the new chalkboard piece--can't wait to see the stocking finish!

Pamela said...

Just darling! I am using my little houses this year as a focal point. Mine do not light up though.