Sunday, November 29, 2015

The Ice Skate Tree

 I finally got a new tree for all my ice skate ornaments ..and here it is! I got it at Walmart ..I went for the flocked tree (without lights ..used my own )and I think it looks perfect with all the ice skates!
 I used 2 different red plaid ribbons for decorating..
 Since I was a figure skater I have always collected ice skate ornaments.. I have so many fun skate ornaments and I love taking them out every year..
 I used a basket I bought at a flea market for 50 cents for 3 of them ..I was using this for a waste can in my laundry room but since I cut the bottom out of it I can't use it for that any more :) I used a vintage wood crate to sit it on to make the tree taller..The base is surrounded by more skates!
Don't you just love the basket on the bottom ?
 It sits in the corner of the dining room and I am loving the look of the flocked tree in there!


If you would like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)

Thanks so much for all your visits and sweet comments !

Linking to these fabulous parties !

http://modvintagelife.blogspot.com//

8 comments:

Susan said...

Your tree is beautiful!! I know you love it. I eye ice skate ornaments and have always wondered what a tree would look like done in an ice skate theme and now I know...it's beautiful!!

Thelma said...

I love your tree. The ice skates are so unique. I have a few sake ornaments. Yours are gorgeous. xo

Sandi Magle said...

I adore themed trees, especially when they are so personal...Love your completed look, everytime I see iceskate ornaments I will think of you!
Sandi

Barb said...

Priscilla , you never cease to amaze me with your beautiful decorating.

Stacey said...

So beautiful already!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Priscilla,
I love your new flocked tree. What size is it if you do not mind me asking? And is the flocking messy? I would love to get a flocked tree! Maybe on clearance at the end of the season......
Your ice skate ornaments looks lovely on it and I especially love your tartan plaid ribbon on this tree! Really sweet!!

Hugs,
Deb

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

This is one of my favorite trees you share each year. I love it and the changes you did this year. I also adore that santa in the one horse open sleigh! You have such good stuff Priscilla!

Soxmom said...

Hi, I just wanted to tell you how much I love your skate tree. I too was a figure skater. My first pro gave me a "Santa on skates" ornament when I was 12 and I have collected ever since. I have one tree that is just skates or skaters too!