Thursday, November 14, 2013

Christmas Chalkboards and The Pioneer Woman

 Can I tell you how much I am loving decorating for Christmas with chalkboards ?

This one is a frame that my daughter bought at Goodwill ,chalk painted the frame cream and  painted the glass with chalkboard paint and I chalked this design on this morning for her.. The next frame I also used for Fall decorating .. it was purchased at a rummage sale , I had a board cut to fit it that I painted with chalkboard paint . Both of these frames are pretty big !

 
 
 
 




 I used these 3 thrifted  trays , painted with chalkboard paint to do these holiday designs. The top one is in my foyer, the middle in the kitchen by the base of the tree,

 and this one on top of the hutch .



 
This Silent Night design is under the tree in the dining room. Its a frame that we also painted the glass, and chalk painted the frame.
 This little frame , I painted the frame cream, painted the glass with chalkboard paint , glued the little wreath and bow on. Its in the kitchen on a silver tray with a little vignette.
Isn't it just the cutest ?

 This Joy To The World is in the foyer ..this was one of the wood shapes I used in the fall ...simply painted with chalkboard paint.
 Here is another wood shape from my Fall decoating in a little vignette in the kitchen..
 I got this frame yesterday at the Goodwill, painted it cream and painted the cardboard backing with the chalkboard paint ..It worked and looks great !

 Two days ago I decided I needed some chalkboard ornaments on one of my trees.. I bought some wood shapes at Michaels, painted them with chalkboard paint, and used  white sharpie marker to act as the chalk ( so I can reuse them next year ) I had to go over the letters a couple times with the marker to make the words dark enough. I added some red gingham for hanging and bows.. Absolutely adorable !



I used them on my candy cane kitchen tree , I think they are the perfect addition to make this tree even better :) I added 4 more of them to the tree this morning and forgot to take another photo.. I thought it could just use a few more....


This last chalkboard was a piece of wall art from the goodwill , no glass, just a very hard , kind of like cardboard backing. I painted it cream, and then used the chalkboard paint.. added some glittery greenery , a burlap bow, and a jingle bell.
So yesterday my daughter and I drove to Naperville, its about and hour 15 minutes away...we spent the day shopping at thrift stores, pier one, pottery barn ( so many things for inspiration there !) At 4:30 we went and picked up our books from Andersons Bookshops, for our book signing with Ree Drummond.. So exciting ! We were # 351 and 352 in line ! They said they were going up to 700 ! We went and shopped in downtown Naperville, lots of cute shops !  .. at 6:30 we went back to the bookstore to wait our turn.. we finally got to meet her at 10:15 !
 
 


We were so excited to meet her .. She was super nice, super cute ! It was a fantastic way to spend the day !
I have been decorating for Christmas all week , I have 9 trees finished , 2 upstairs that need to be done and the real one that we will get in a week or two. I will be back next week to start showing you my trees ! It has been so different decorating this year because of the remodel , all the openness makes it so much better !
Thanks as always for your visits and nice comments ! I love to hear from you !
Come follow me on Instagram , Facebook and Pinterest ! Links are in the sidebar !
Linking to :

13 comments:

Barb said...

You do such amazing things with chalk paint. Your kitchen tree is beautiful!

Pamela said...

Love all your chalk boards! I was actually hunting for what to put on mine. Thanx for the inspiration and for joining THT!

Lynn Fern said...

I love chalkboards & yours are fantastic!! And, I am jealous of the Pioneer Woman meeting :) I love her and follow so many of her recipes!

Angela said...

Can you please tell me who made the gorgeous Santa and rabbits? I kinda have a thing for rabbits... and Santa. Thank you, Angela

The Old Parsonage said...

Love Love Love the chalkboard art - the tree is darling. And Yea PW - I love her too!

Enjoy your weekend!
Leann

Unknown said...

I loooove all your Christmas stuff! And I just saw your comment about Anderson's in Naperville. I can walk there! I love that bookstore :-)

Carol said...

Your latest chalkboard art creations are so cute, Priscilla, and what fun to meet Ree in person. I just brought her latest cookbook home from the library--love it!

Corinna Ashley said...

Loving it all! Seems overwhelming at first but reading through where they're all located, it sounds beautiful! I would love a walk around your home :)

I especially love your tip with the white Sharpie for longevity.

Ive pinned this post and am a new follower, can I invite you over to check out my blog?

Cecilia said...

Love these! I'm coming over from That DIY Party. I'm also a new follower!

Cecilia

Tammy N said...

I love chalkboard art. You have so many great Christmas ideas.

Unknown said...

I'm a teacher, so this just sings to my soul. And that white tree with the chalkboards all over it...genius! It is so beautiful.

Thanks for sharing at the Twirl and Take a Bow Party! We hope to see you again next Tuesday.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Priscilla, it's always fun to decorate a new space. I'm excited to decorate our basement. Although because our daughter and sil are down there I might have to tone it down a bit. lol! I always love your chalkboard inspiration! The little ones are the tree are so fun! Glad you got to meet her and have such a fun day! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Laura@Elegant Nest said...

Love all of your chalkboards! My chalkboard canvas is one of my favorite additions to my home this year. I like being able to change it out with the seasons and my moods! The holidays are even more festive with a place to doodle and draw some seasonal art!