Saturday, November 28, 2015

Finishing Stitchy Ornaments


Happy Saturday!
 Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving! This morning I decided to finish the ornaments I had stitched through this year.. Most are from Country Cottage Needleworks.. The Fa La La ornament I finished with a thrift store sweater and then made Pom poms and a bow out of grey yarn  ..
Merry Merry was finished with red gingham on the bias and white Pom Pom trim ..a green gingham bow for hanging
Little House Needleworks Sleigh Bells is finished with green and burgundy plaid homespun.. A burlap ribbon on the top for hanging.
The stockings were hung uses another thrift store sweater and plaid flannel ribbon..
I believe in Santa is from Just Cross Stitch magazine a couple years ago .. It is on a green gingham with that same plaid flannel ribbon trim at the top..
This birdhouse ornament is finished with red ticking in a tag shape with a red check vow and a brown strip ribbon for hanging..
More thrift store sweater was used on O come let us adore him .. I also made more Pom poms and a bow from yarn topped with a red button.. The flannel red plaid ribbon is used for hanging ..
And lastly these snow people on red ticking with that same red plaid flannel ribbon ..
Here they all are .. They are stitched on 28 count tea/coffee dyed Monaco
If you would like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)

Thanks so much for all your visits and sweet comments !

Linking to these fabulous parties !

http://modvintagelife.blogspot.com//

12 comments:

CathieJ said...

Beautiful as usual. I am on my way to ACMoore to get my spray adhesive and mat board right now. I have to finish my own

Robin in Virginia said...

Your ornaments are beautiful. I like how you repurposed old sweaters. Enjoy your weekend!

Maggee said...

It's hard to pick a favorite--they are all nicely done! Hugs!

Rita said...

So many beautiful ornaments!

Barb said...

All the ornaments are wonderful. Your finishing is just perfect!

Darlene Gardner said...

Since this was on 28 count, did you use 2 squares for 1, like 14 count aida? Love all the ornaments!

Karen said...

So many beautiful ornaments!

Linda O said...

So many beautiful pieces and such wonderful finishes, love them all xxx

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Priscilla,
I love them!! So pretty!!

Hugs,
Deb

Denise Marie said...

Adorable!!

Angela said...

So cute! Did you do over two squares on the 28 count? Thank you!

SuperMomNoCape said...

I love all your ornaments! And I love that you've upcycled a thrift store sweater to use as a background.

Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party!