Monday, February 3, 2020

New /Old Kitchen Hutch

Good morning! 
I am so excited I finally found a hutch ( in my price range ) :) with no doors! Yesterday Chelsea helped me paint this up.. she did a great job and it is amazing! .. I bought Rustoleum Chiffon Cream chalk paint and linked it in our Amazon shop here   It is the perfect cream color!
There are sped up videos on my Instagram and Facebook page of the painting and decorating!
I found the hutch on Craig's List .. it was for sale in a consignment shop about 20 minutes away ..
so I got it last week and couldn't wait to fix it up! For those that asked the old hutch is going to live at Chelsea's house .. I had that hutch for probably 24 years .. It was oak that we painted ..
Not only is there more display space with no doors .. the underneath has legs so it is a space to decorate also ..

Oh my gosh I cannot tell you how much I love it .. after I got the open family room hutch I was on a mission to get one for the kitchen .. but they are few and far between .. so I was so excited to find this one .. It did have some issues .. candle wax spilled all over .. writing on the shelves .. some dog teeth marks .. and a couple cracks that had to be filled with wood filler .. when you use chalk paint there is no prep work ..just paint .. she did 2-3 coats on the hutch and it took a whole can of paint  ..

I am just going to be standing in the kitchen all day starring at it :)
The top is flat so it is easier for all my chickens to be up on top .. I had issues with my old hutch because it sunk down so everything had to be raised up ..
It is perfect for my Rae Dunn collection ..
I left up the Winter decor and I can't wait to decorate this for spring !
I added 2 stitched pieces .. This Snowman grater 

a vintage scale .. cow creamers ,,

I took one of the drawers from this wall shelf with me yesterday to match up the paint and after I got home I thought that would be a cute place for 3 mugs :) so I took out the drawers and it will be a cute spot to display the different seasons and holiday mugs!

Thanks so much for stopping by! 
*** Our Amazon Shop  ****
Full of crafty and decorative items!

**
We have hoodies! Click here 
Ronnie's Needleminder click here 

We have bags! Click here   

*** Stitching with the Housewives shirts ..click here  ****

 If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                               
 Blog  Parties I link to ...                                          

7 comments:

Sewing Junkie said...

The cheapest way to docorate is with paint. Glad you could find a piece you liked.

Shelly Nichols said...

New hutch looks awesome!!

Sam I Am...... said...

You did a beautiful job on it! I prefer cream over white usually. Thanks for telling us the color. What I'd like to know is how do you keep it all clean? I love your decorating.

quiltstitch1 said...

I love it❤️ Did Chelsea paint the inside too? I watched part of the video but did not see it all. Thanks for sharing paint info. I have a shelf I would like to chalk paint black.

Barb said...

That new hutch is just wonderful!! I love the paint color. You and Chelsea make a terrific team!

Sheila said...

It looks fantastic. Now I want to paint my dresser but I think hubby might have something to say about that. I'll have to try and persuade him.
Hugs-x-

Abby said...

I liked the cupboard you had there before, but this is super cute too! ....now I want one. hahaha