Saturday, December 31, 2016

The Garden 2016


2016 is almost over.. so today let's take a walk back through the garden ! As soon as Christmas is over I want to garden ..but here in the Midwest I have a few months to wait!
I love hydrangeas and this year they were gorgeous!

Bee balm that multiplies like weeds!


Love using galvanized buckets in the garden


Zinnias are my favorites..



come on in !

Lots of coneflowers lining the back sidewalk

Zinnia bouquets were picked every few days..

more Zinnias ...coneflowers and snapdragons

of course there were vegetables... lots of beans in green, yellow and purple.. cucumbers, and peppers.

The sunflowers were huge!

The wildlife patrol.. mice..chipmunks ..squirrels..don't come in her yard!



lots of tomatoes to make my roasted tomato sauce ..otherwise called "yard Sauce" around here :)
This sunflower looks like its giving the zinnias below a shower..
The bees were very busy!
These sunflowers were huge!
a perfect pretty little zinnia..
Mums ,hydrangeas and pumpkins..

I can't wait to do it all again this year!
 I hope you all have a wonderful year in 2017! Thank you so much to all of you who read and comment faithfully! I appreciate all of you!
Happy New Year! Be safe!
If you would like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page !
I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)

                                              http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
                                           http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/
http://betweennapsontheporch.net

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your hydrangeas are gorgeous! What a beautiful retreat in your backyard ( especially with your doggies guarding you from the varmints:) ) and I bet your yard sauce is delicious. Thank you for sharing your home.
Have a Happy New Year and I will be looking forward to your artistic accomplishments in 2017!
Kathleen in Az

Syd said...

Happy New Year!

Cindy said...

You have a beautiful garden! I love all of that color. I have been gardening for years, but I have trouble with mildew on my zinnias and bee balm. Do you, and if so, how do you treat it? BTW, we live in West Lafayette, In., so not too far from you:)

Karen said...

Your garden is beautiful in all seasons, Priscilla.