Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Grilled Lemon Chicken and White Sauce

 Here it is .. the grilled lemon herb chicken and white sauce for dipping recipe!
 I use a gallon size  zip loc bag and added 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts that I slice in half horizontally
1/2 cup olive oil
zest and juice from 1 lemon
salt and pepper
red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons each fresh chopped  oregano and basil.. I only make this recipe with fresh , so if you are using dried herbs the amounts need to be lessened .. the fresh herbs make a huge difference ..
I marinate the chicken for 30-45 minutes..
Then cook it on the grill until cooked all the way thru ..

 To make the white sauce  you will need
 1/2 cup mayonnaise
zest from one lime plus the juice
pinch of salt and pepper
 1 tablespoon each  fresh oregano and basil chopped small,, mix it all together and refrigerate until the chicken is ready .. my family loves this "sauce" on everything.. chicken, roasted potatoes , vegetables, italian sausage  etc.. It just tastes like summer!
when the chicken is thoroughly cooked squeeze 1/2 of a lemon on top and grate Parmesan or Romano cheese on the top .. top with a few sprigs of oregano and basil .. It is quick and very easy and everyone will love it!
If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                                  If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                               
                                            http://jannolson.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Kim said...

Priscila, your chicken loks amazing. I'm going to make it for Sunday dinner. Thanks so ych for sharing your life with me. Kim

Karen Rozanski said...

Hi Priscilla Trying white sauce tonight on grilled chicken. Do you make your own mayo or have you made this,recipe with homemade mayo? Thank you!