Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Calvin!

Good morning!
It's Calvin!
This is The Cat and the Moon by With Thy needle and Thread .. I stitched it on 28 count tea/ coffee dyed grey evenweave .. This was my 22nd start for Stitchmaynia this year ..
***Please remember if you copy my finishing ideas that you be considerate and give a link to my blog or facebook page..****
I found this little canister in the clearance at Hobby Lobby for 90 % off so it was under $2.00
I mounted it on sticky board using the method shown in the video below

I added a ruffle of black and orange stripe fabric .. a bow and a rusty jack o lantern jingle bell .. I used a magnet and sheet metal to attach it so I can use the canister for other stitched pieces! 
I used Classic Colorworks floss in the colors.. Queen Bee, Nature's Trail , Eggshell, Pumpkin harvest , fallen Leaves and Mossy
this weeks video ..

**** Our Amazon Shop  ****
Full of crafty and decorative items!


**

Ronnie's Needleminder click here 
We have bags! Click here   

*** Stitching with the Housewives shirts ..click here  ****
If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                               
 Blog  Parties I link to ...                                          

4 comments:

Arlene G said...

Love it!! I am working on this piece also. I changed the hat to purple and green to make it stand out a bit more. I have a little olive can from Hobby Lobby that I hope I can use to finish this one. I am thinking Calvin will be the lid and I will put some Halloween candy in the can. I call mine Calvin as well....I get a kick out of your mean cat.

Dianna said...

Calvin is adorable! I'm glad you named him; it makes him even cuter. :)

Barb said...

It looks like Calvin approves! What a great stitch! I love the photo!

Unknown said...

i love how you stitched this up. What color black did you use for Calvin?