Friday, March 22, 2019

The Big Bunny

Good morning!
Can you stand the cuteness of that big bunny!
This is With Thy Needle and Thread Spring Fling ..

***Please remember if you copy my finishing ideas that you be considerate and give a link to my blog or facebook page..****
I changed some of the colors .. I used all Classic Colorworks .. The bunny is done in Stepping Stones ..Flowers are Persimmon ..Ladybug ..and Queen bee .. Bean sprout outline of leaves and stems .. Natures Trail inside of leaves cheeks and small scattered flowers Blushing Beauty .
We dyed this 28 count evenweave Aqua and then dunked it into tea for a little aging .. I was going to stitch the bunny in Eggshell but it didn't pop enough for me so I went with the brownish grey ..Stepping Stones ..If you are going to stitch a big bunny it needs to show up! :)
I have had the tray I used for display for a few years .. it has a chicken in the center and it used to be displayed in my kitchen .. I used magnets to attach it to the metal tray ( so I can still use the tray ) and added 2 torn homespun ruffles and a flower ribbon trim .. It is so sweet I just love it!


                        If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                               
                                            http://jannolson.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Stitchinowl said...

Gorgeous finish! I love the fabric color and your thread changes. Where did you buy the aqua evenweave?
Carolyn

Karen Gieselman said...

I love this Priscilla! I love that you put threads on here I used the threads you picked on my last project. ((hugs))

Kristin said...

Beautiful! Everything about this is cheerful and springy. I love it....

~Judy~ said...

LOVE THIS!!! Everything just screams Spring. Thank you for listing the floss colors and what they were used for. Very helpful. TFS. Judy

Karen said...

Very cute bunny!

Barb said...

What a cutie! I agree, the bunny needs to stand out. Love your choice of colors!

Patti-Rocky Mtn Stitcher said...

Ugh now I want to do a bunny in both colours it’s wonderful

Martha said...

Just lovely!