Wednesday, March 13, 2019

A Little Bunny Love

Happy Wednesday!

I finished stitching this cute bunny from With Thy Needle and Thread last night and finished it up today ..

***Please remember if you copy my finishing ideas that you be considerate and give a link to my blog or facebook page..****


I stitched it on 28 count evenweave that we dyed aqua with Rit dye and then tea dyed very lightly ..
Of course I changed the colors of floss.. I used all Classic Colorworks in Ladybug, Tartan Plaid, Bean Sprout, Eggshell( I used this for the tail and then added french knots over all the stitches )  ,Coffee Bean , and River Rocks
I found this little lantern like piece at Hobby Lobby a few months ago on clearance for about $1.00.. the lid comes off and has a handle so I attached the bow with a pipe cleaner to the handle. For the bow I used 3 different ribbons .. greenery .. flowers and a burlap bunny ..
I mounted the stitching on sticky board , with 2 layers of batting under the stitching .. Then used another sticky board and covered it with a aqua, blue plaid homespun .. I added 4 blue/ aqua flowers to the top of the plaid covered board and a gingham ribbon tied on the sides and looped under the handle..
I think there are going to be more of these little designs so of course I used magnets to attach it to the little lantern ..

I haven't figured out where this will go in the house .. for now its on the dining room tabel waiting for Saturday :)
Thanks so much for your visits and comments!
                             If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                               
                                            http://jannolson.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

Barb said...

He is so cute and what a great way to finish the design. I love WTN&T bunnies.

R's Rue said...

❤️

Stamper D said...

Adorable ❤❤❤

Mechelle S said...

This is precious! I've been looking for something small. I have a vertical frame that has four binder like clips. I think it would be so cute with some cross stitching on it. They have to be smaller than 4 x 6. I can't wait to Priscillafy it!!
Thanks for all of your hard work.

Marge said...

Clever as usual! You have opened my eyes to look at items that I own in a new way. Since I enjoy antiquing, I'm now always on the lookout for interesting ways to stage my cross stitch. I just found two long-handled toasters for the fireplace that will be great to hang with a finished piece. I'm also doing a design for my two scrub boards and my cranberry scoop. My usual thanks for the inspiration!

Becky said...

Sooo cute! Do you have a tutorial for using sticky board?

Wendy Howard said...

So, so pretty.

Unknown said...

Very Springy:). My mom sewed french knots for my sunflower seeds, a mini wall sunflower quilt that my sister made for me:). I appreciate sewing skills, Kathleen in Az

Aatif Kareem said...

Nice! It would be a pleasure if you check out my blog and suggest me with some great and helpful tips. theworldoffact.blogspot.com

MrsChiefStitch said...

Omg!! That chalkboard in the background is to die for!! 😍😍 pllleeeaaasssseeee say that’s going to be a future cross stitch chart?!?! πŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌ