Thursday, March 21, 2019

A Springy Trivet

Happy Thursday!
This is Heart In Hand Spring Whirlygig .. stitched by Chelsea and finished by me ..

***Please remember if you copy my finishing ideas that you be considerate and give a link to my blog or facebook page..****

We found this vintage trivet at the Good will the last time we shopped there and I thought it would be perfect to change these little cute designs out .. So I broke out the ceramic piece in the center and cut a circle to fit from sticky board and added black gingham to it ..a magnet was glued to the center ..and a washer tot he back of the stitched piece to be able to change it out for the seasons ..
The floss colors she used above  .. it is stitched on 28 count tea/coffee dyed Monaco ..
I cut another circle from sticky board  the size of the design and added 2 layers of quilt batting ... I mounted the stitching on top of the quilt batting and did a running stitch with needle and thread to tie it up in the back .. then hot glued it down . I added Motherlode ric rac from Ladydot creates and ruffled a torn piece of aqua stripe fabric which I glued to the back . I made the bow from 2 different ribbons and added a felt carrot .. The batting just males it a cute little puff ball on top of the trivet..
It is so cute!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
This weeks You Tube video

Our coffee tea dye tutorial ...

                        If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                               
                                            http://jannolson.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Joan said...

That stitchery is colorful fun and finish is clever. The whole piece is so cool! Thanks for sharing. Love watching your videos, too. Happy Spring!

Barb said...

What a wonderful way to display a small round piece!