Monday, January 6, 2020

Snowman Season

Good morning!
It is snowman season !
The time when all the snowmen get out of the closet to decorate the house for winter! This is With thy needle and Thread Christmas Holiday Hoopla ..and this is a new start for 2020 and my first finish for 2020!
I stitched him on 28 count evenweave that I Rit dyed ..then coffee /tea dyed ..I did not stitch his Santa hat because I wanted him more wintery ..I added a couple rows of stitching to round off his head .. I used Classic Colorworks eggshell..ribbon red ..English Ivy  and Cocoa Bean
I mounted him on this same galvanized /chicken wire container from the clearance aisle at Hobby Lobby that I used for Calvin 
I used magnets to attach the stitching to the container .. I mounted the stitching on sticky board .. added 2 layers of batting under the stitching .. I used Lori Holt vintage trim around the edges ..then a ruffle of black and white buffalo check .. A buffalo check bow.. flocked greenery ..and a little snowball from a pick ..I made his scarf from plaid wired ribbon that I tacked down to the stitching ..

this video shows how to finish round pieces

Thanks so much for stopping by! 
This weeks video
*** Our Amazon Shop  ****
Full of crafty and decorative items!

**
We have hoodies! Click here 
Ronnie's Needleminder click here 

We have bags! Click here   

*** Stitching with the Housewives shirts ..click here  ****

 If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                               
 Blog  Parties I link to ...                                          

3 comments:

Barb said...

I love that scarf you put on the snowman. What a great idea!

Helen L said...

He is so cute Priscilla! Great finish too!! Hugs, H

Helen L said...

What color of Rit dye did you use to get that color? Thanks!!