Thursday, May 30, 2019

Stars and Stripes Sheep

Happy Thursday friends!
I finished up this Tiny Modernist Happy 4th of July this morning .... this was one of my "extra" maynia starts :)
***Please remember if you copy my finishing ideas that you be considerate and give a link to my blog or facebook page..****
I used the Land that I love  thread pack from Fat Quarter Shop .. all Classic Colorworks and just added Black Coffee for the sheep .. I stitched it on 28 count light blue evenweave that was coffee/tea dyed ...Chart is available here .. Thread pack... here 

I mounted it on sticky board with 2 layers of batting underneath .. I used another piece of sticky board that I added navy ticking stripe fabric to .. I glued those together then added a red ticking stripe ruffle ..


The board its mounted on is shiplap from Cash's nursery walls .. a little leftover piece .. I made a bow from 2 different ribbons .. greenery and a daisy with a covered button in the center .. Love it !
**** Our Amazon Shop  ****
Full of crafty and decorative items!

We have bags! Click here   

*** Stitching with the Housewives shirts ..click here  ****

  If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                               
                                            http://jannolson.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

linda said...

Just wanted to let you know I watched your fabric dyeing video,ordered 2 20x24 pieces of monaco and jumped right in! My teabags broke, I charred a couple of spots BUT I then rinsed and hung to dry. I Love it! I've been stitching for over 40 years and never dyed fabric; I will be doing it all the time now, thank you!!

Joan said...

Your stitched piece is so pretty and the way you finished it makes it spectacular. Thanks for showing how you finish your stitchery.

Unknown said...

Love your 4th of July stitching and decorating!! Beautiful. I started jolly July this morning!!