Thursday, November 9, 2017

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!


 Good morning!
Can you stand the cuteness? Oh my gosh I love it!
 This is Country Cottage Needleworks The Most Wonderful Time Of the Year .. I changed the colors of floss..I used Classic Colorworks Cherry Cobbler, brown sugar , and spinach .. I use the Hickory sticks and the white dmc.. I had found this sign at Walmart so I wanted the colors to blend with it instead of the brighter red and green that was called for..
I mounted the stitching and also some red/ black homespun to pieces of sticky board .. I added homespun black check fabric covered foam core in 2 strips to the back to attach the truck and the stitching,.. I wired the whole thing onto a evergreen wreath .. I cut apart one big flocked pic from Hobby Lobby 
 and glued it all around the wreath .. it included the flocked pine cones and the black snow covered berries.. I added the 2 vintage gingerbread men cookie cutters ( that were used when I was a kid)and also 2 bows made from the homespun and buffalo check ..
 This will hang in my kitchen on the basement door for the Christmas season.. Love how it turned out!
****Please remember if you copy my finishing ideas that you be considerate and give a link to my blog or facebook page..****


If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                                http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
                                           http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/

21 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Another super cute finish, Priscilla!

Tracy Dixon said...

Really beautiful the wreath is a perfect finish. Your designs are really inspiring and have given me loads of lovely ideas I really enjoy Christmas just wish I had a bigger house.

Unknown said...

I started to sing the song:). I love your finish too! Ronnie looks very content cuddling in the Christmas quilt:), Kathleen in Az

Cheryl said...

You are amazing!!! This is gorgeous! Now I have to go to Walmart..
:o)

Teresa said...

When you're ready to pass this on...I want dibs! Love this finish!

The Eveningstitcher said...

That is adorable!! I just bought that truck last week for my Hometown Holidays "The Tree Lot" by Cottage Needleworks.....can't wait to start stitching it!! Love your finish!!

Janice Boucher said...

Beautiful and so creative! Do you buy all your sticky boards in bulk and cut them to size to fit each individual project? This looks like a long board...did you glue 2 together?

Tdsvintagelife said...

I love your finishes and have a question. What is sticky board and where do you find it? Thank you tdsvintagelife@gmail.com

connie said...

A really cute finish..Loved it and seeing sweet little Ronnie :-)

Carol said...

I've been away for almost three weeks and am just amazed at all of the darling finishes you've done in that short time, Priscilla! I just love this one--think we had those gingerbread cookie cutters when I was growing up! Thanks for sharing so many inspirational finishes!

Barb said...

Another wonderful finish.

~Judy~ said...

Another outstanding finish. So creative!

Maggie said...

Lovely finish, you find such great things to use in your finishing!

I discovered your podcasts just a few weeks ago (on a friends recommendation) and have been catching up, Usually I don't watch stitching podcasts as they can be a bit, (dare i say it, boring??), but you two are so entertaining! I love watching you and seeing what you have both been stitching.

Cindy's Stitching said...

Omg, the dogs Crack me up. A cute wreath.

Cindy's Stitching said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your stitching is beautiful and I love seeing all of your beautiful things here on your blog. I knew when I saw your banner, I would love it! Hugs, Diane

Maggee said...

Oh, that is so cute! It really showcases another great design by CCN. Which you no doubt stitched in record time! Thanks again for sharing with us! You make most of us take longer when we go to any store now... looking for items to embellish! Hugs!

amist said...


شركة امست للتنظيف
امست للنظافة

The Stitching Diva said...

I love the finishing on this piece, but tell me how you care for it at the end of the season? How do you store it to ensure that it stays fresh for next year?

Rosa said...

Beautiful finish! Searched every Walmart here. No truck sign:(....Anyone in Canada have any luck? Is there a code sticker indicating a UPS code? I may be able to find it on line:).....

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Priscilla,
Love the wreath and stitchery!! Very pretty!!
Hugs,
Debbie