Friday, November 17, 2017

A New Hutch from Craig's List!


Good morning!
I have wanted an open shelved hutch for my family room for a while.. I would search Craig's list every day !  I was even looking for a hutch that I could take the doors off for this same type of look .. no luck with that either! 
and then 2 days ago I finally found one! 

So ..I am not crazy about the color or the knobs but after Christmas that will all be changed! My husband took me to pick it up yesterday ..we got it set up and I went right to getting it all set for Christmas! I think it will be painted cream with dark wax. 
The view from my stitching chair .. I added 2 strings of white lights ...a couple glitter houses..some of my Department 56 Santa's and of course cross stitch!
 I take the battery packs out of the houses and stuff the Christmas lights in the hole..
 This little tree filled with miniature Hallmark ornaments ..nestled in a white enamel pan we found at the flea market for $1.00... I used to sit at a desk in this spot to write my blog.. my desk is going upstairs and I can't event ell you how happy I was to find this piece!
 I can't even tell you how excited I got to come down this morning and plug it back in!
If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                                http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
                                           http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/

17 comments:

Sandy said...

It is so pretty. Just perfect. I even like the color, but I know you will make it even prettier.

Unknown said...

How exciting! I have a Hunter green open hutch with matching table underneath. Hallmark mini ornaments, me too! except in a shadowbox house. How wonderful to stitch and look around in your family room with twinkling lights all around you, Christmas magic:).
Kathleen in Az

LoriU said...

That is super cute! Glad you found what you wanted. The green works well for Christmas at least!!

Jan said...

This is beautiful!! I also think the green is perfect for Christmas, but it will be lovely when you refinish it too!

SewLittleSusie said...

Really inspiring and joyful! The best eye candy. I like the green but your vision of cream and dark wax would be my choice too, for the hutch. I admire your tenacity! It always pays to keep looking until you find that perfect piece! So enjoy your blog and all your postings.

Sharon V. said...

There are no words to describe how beautiful this is....

Pamela said...

Great set up for your Christmas decorations! I have a similar piece that I just love to decorate for the holidays. I am sure you will put it to good use. Love all the lights. So festive
Pam

shirley flavell said...

Looking fabulous. Wonderful hatch. It is perfect for your arrangement.Love the lights.

Carin said...

This is so wonderful, love the hutch !

CathieJ said...

You may not like the color, but it is perfect for the holidays. What a great find.

Ginny said...

What a great find! The color looked more blue on my PC, but I can see from viewing it on my tablet that it's green. I can't wait to see how it ends up!

Maggee said...

What a great find! The colors work for this Christmas at least! And I know next year, we will see more great displays on it, with the perfect paint/stain colors. As always, you have decorated it beautifully! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

Barb said...

It feels so good to get just what you have imagined. It looks so pretty with all your Christmas decorations!

The Eveningstitcher said...

It's all beautiful, Priscilla! Your new hutch is wonderful and I love the little white houses. It would be a joy to wake up to your decor. You really work hard to make your home so beautiful...and we all are enjoying your talents!! Have a wonderful Sunday!

Joan said...

How lucky for you to find this hutch. It's perfect.

Cindy Lou said...

Really cute !!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Priscilla,
LOVE IT!! I actually like the color . I think it makes your decorations pop!! Great idea with taking out the battery packs and stuffing the lights up inside the hoses!! I just may borrow that.....
You are inspiring me!!
Hugs,
Debbie