Friday, September 15, 2017

Trick or Treat!


Good morning friends!
I had finished stitching this Trick or Treat from Prairie Schooler last year or the year before and I would display it in a wreath.. It wasn't my favorite finish but I loved the stitching!
Then.... I found this Happy Halloween wood sign at Walmart for $4.44 and it is just perfect for the stitching! My husband cut me a board and I painted it black ..He also drilled holes in the top and in the bottom of the sign.. The stitching was already mounted on sticky board , so I added a Halloween homespun fabric mounted to sticky board and then another sticky board covered with black ticking ..all 3 of those got hot glued together..I painted the board with chalkboard paint and then glued the stack of sticky board covered pieces to the top..

He made wire ringlets and attached both pieces together .. I made a bow for the top with black and white check, black check homespun some of the Halloween homespun and burlap..It will hang in the kitchen on the basement door when Halloween decorating gets underway ! Love, love, love it! It's stitched on 28 count tea/coffee dyed evenweave ..

***Please... If you copy my finishes .. please tag my blog or facebook page and give credit to my finishing.. Thank you ..***
If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                                http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
                                           http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/

12 comments:

Chrissie B said...

Darling as always!!! I'm going to send you my stitching for finishing.....ok? 👍?? Lol

Sandy said...

Really love this one.

~Judy~ said...

I am stitching this too so off to Walmart I go! You have the best ideas!!! TFS Judy

Karen said...

I just love this! I had SIL go look at her Walmart but they did not have it.

Unknown said...

Love how you are using signs for your stitching projects and the Trick or Treat is scary cute:).
Kathleen in Az

shirley flavell said...

Love it.

Karen said...

Love this! Your finishes are always so clever.

DianeM said...

I love, love, love it too! I really like this whole new idea you came up with to attach the stitching to these types of signs <3
Smiles, DianeM

Cindy Lou said...

Adorable! Looks great!

Unknown said...

Love it.

Unknown said...

I live in KS and am looking for hanging Peace you bought

Digital Assets said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.