Sunday, September 17, 2017

Pumpkin Spice Farm


Good morning friends..
My daughter Chelsea and I both received this new Pumpkin Patch farm chart from Cathy at Hands on Design .. so we both started and finished it!  We dyed light grey 28 count evenweave with brown Rit dye.. we didn't love it so then it got put in a pot with tea and coffee ..
It turned out perfect.. I used all Classic Colorworks flosses and Chelsea used DMC except for the purple/ grey lines ..those are in Classic Colorworks Rod and Reel..Her husband made us the frames with molding and chicken wire.. Chelsea painted the frames and dark waxed them..I mounted the stitched piece onto a piece of sticky board and used some tea dyed orange gingham for the backing. We used magnets and sheet metal so we can reuse the frame for another season.I made the bows with burlap, plaid ribbon, wired berry branches and fall leaves..

this weeks floss tube video..

If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                                http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
                                           http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/

10 comments:

Chrissie B said...

Darling!!!

Arlene G said...

Priscilla, you and Chelsea really inspire me to think outside the box with my finishing. Thank you for being so generous with your creativity. I now have this pattern on my wish list.

Debbie said...

Priscilla,
Love this pattern! It is a good one for October and November! Love the way you finish your cross stitch!!

Robin in Virginia said...

Two fabulous finishes to celebrate the season of pumpkin spice! I like the frames fixed with the chicken wire. Enjoy your day!

Unknown said...

Pretty and so creative - another win!

Christine said...

LOVE the chicken wire frames! I just discovered tubefloss and it's so much fun to listen to you and your daughter. Thank you for sharing for so many creative ideas!

Unknown said...

What kind of wood do you use for the material backing? Thanks for sharing you and your daughter's ideas and stitching

shirley flavell said...

Love the design, love the finishes.Perfect.

Unknown said...

You all need a craft booth! Very lovely finishes and cute design:).
Kathleen in Az

Carol said...

Oh, how beautiful! I just ordered this chart on Saturday! I want to say how much I enjoy watching you and Chelsea on Floss Tube, Priscilla. I watch very few Floss Tube channels because they are usually too long (and a bit wordy and boring to be honest) and they stray from stitching. But you two offer the perfect length video, keep things moving along and are always stitch-related! And thanks for the sweet shout-out on the PS bee sampler that you purchased after seeing my finish :)