Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Autumn ABC's

Hello friends!
Yesterday I finished up the Little House Needleworks Autumn ABC's ! 
 Love that scarecrow!
This piece is long and skinny.. so it really needed something skinny to display it on.. So I found this shutter , and it is p-e-r-f-e-c-t! The shutter is painted a dark brown / grey ..(not sure if I will eventually paint it ) But it looks perfect with this Autumn piece.. It already had the chicken knob and also the knobs at the bottom.. It's a little chippy and old looking but you know I like my stuff old! 


 I mounted it on sticky board that I had to piece together because It wasn't long enough ..but it is not noticeable...I used foamboard covered with Fall colored plaid Homespun..and glued those 2 pieces together..

 I added a strip of the greyish black homespun at the bottom with 3 covered buttons..a couple white pumpkin picks at the top and hung on the kitchen wall.. LOve it! I used 28 count tea/coffee dyed evenweave.. with all the called for Classic Colorworks floss
Please remember if you copy my finishing ideas that you be considerate and give a link to my blog or facebook page..

If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                                http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
                                           http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/

13 comments:

Lori Griffore said...

Wow gotta say that is a perfect shutter for that stitched piece........way to go!!! love it and love your finishes!!!

Angela said...

Just adorable!

janicek said...

Oh my, that is so very adorable! Love your finishing as I always do :)

deb-bee said...

Question...What do you use to hold your X-stitch pattern while you're stitching?
I also have a suggestion, give the recipe (directions) on how you coffee/tea dye your fabric
All of your finishes are fantastic! I love them. 🐝

Stacie at Blue Sky and Blooms said...

Please - what is the brand and where can I buy this sticky board you speak of?

Barb said...

A wonderful way to display a lovely piece. I love that scarecrow too!

Robin in Virginia said...

Priscilla, this turned out just adorable. I love all the motifs in this piece and I love how you finished it. Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

I love love love it!:) So Autumnal,the colors and your finish is perfect!
A beautiful way to welcome Fall tommorrow, Kathleen in Az

Anne S. (bizybee65) said...

Oh I love it! I've had an old shutter in our basement that is original to our 1880's house and I've been trying to figure out a way to use it. This is perfect, I have Halloween rules I've wanted to stitch, so now I have an idea for the finish. Enjoy watching you and Chelsea in your flosstube videos...definitely has got me fired up stitching again! Have a great weekend. --Anne

Carol said...

Oh, I knew I should have kept my old shutters :) Just love how you've displayed this, Priscilla. Another perfect finish. Happy first weekend of fall (although it feels more like summer, doesn't it?!)

~Judy~ said...

Another stunning piece. Awesome finishing. TFS ♥ judy

Rosa said...

Beautiful! Could you tell my how you adhered the finished piece to the shutter? Is it removes lie? Thanks!:)

Rosa said...

Sorry, typo! That should read removeable!