Thursday, September 13, 2018

Scarecrow Row

Good morning!
This is Lizzie Kate's Thankful string that I deleted  the turkey and added a scarecrow! I want to have a string for all the seasons ..and since by Thanksgiving my home is decorated for Christmas I needed to lose the turkey ..
This is my 2nd string I have finished up .. I do have 2 other stitched but not finished ..the Merry string for Christmas and the Spooky string for Halloween .. that leaves me with the Snowy string and the spring string to stitch .
Of course I used magnets and washers to attach.. the stitching is mounted on sticky board and so is the fall plaid homespun .. I made a bow from orange gingham ribbon , grey gingham ribbon and black gingham .. added some fall leaves and berries ..and a couple thistley things  Buzzy string
 All the Classic Colorworks floss I used

***Please remember if you copy my finishing ideas that you be considerate and give a link to my blog or facebook page..****


 and here it is in the hutch .. I am using the Bent Creek Row in my kitchen
The stitching is only 1-1/2 inches wide so these are quick to stitch!

  If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                                  If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                               
                                            http://jannolson.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Deb Brod said...

LOVE it. I don't decorate for Thanksgiving either. I start with Halloween Sept. 1 and then November 1 start with Christmas. Did you design the scarecrow yourself or use another charting? I love scarecrows.

Unknown said...

I can why you are sitiching the Strings, very cute and the scarecrow is perfect. Hi Ronnie! Kathleen in Az

The Eveningstitcher said...

So sweet! I love your white cupboard...did you chalk paint that as well? I have a similar one and would like to paint it too! I'm not a Thanksgiving decorator either....I like to just right into Christmas! Have good evening!

Barb said...

Those are such cute designs and of course the way you display them is wonderful!

Unknown said...

I see Ronnie had to get in on the action đŸ˜‰