Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Pumpkin Hollow Wreath

Good morning friends! Is this just not the prettiest wreath ever ?!?

 This is Pumpkin Hollow Farms from Little House Needleworks with a few color changes and I left off the bottom portion of flowers. I found this wreath at the Good Will last year ($2.00)and it has just been waiting for the perfect design to show it off! I mounted the stitching on sticky board and then used a board and sticky boards cut in pieces to make a circle for the back of the wreath which I covered in buffalo check fabric ..I made a bow from black buffalo check and orange buffalo check,,

 The Classic Colorworks floss colors I used ..House and flowers in Old money ..Pumpkins -Colonial copper ..Bands on top ,crows, background of sign blackbird,.. chimney- stepping stones.. door, outline of windows ..outside border of sign..center of flower- eggshell..grass under house ..pumpkin vine leaves..grass under sign -hayride..top and bottom border..tops of flowers in pumpkin vine-  avocado..roof , tree and backstitch in windows -hickory sticks .. diamond shapes and flowers and inside of windows- ye olde gold
 This is a stitch along on our You Tube channel #pcpumpkinhollowfarm  ..Below are all of our stitchalongs and the days of the week that we stitch different themes .. thanks for joining us!

Come join us in our stitch alongs!
#pcautumnacres ..Chalk on the Farm Hands on Design and me 
#pcpumpkinhollowfarms.. Little House Needleworks
#pcqueenbee.. Chalk on the Farm Hands on Design and me
#pcfresheggsfarm ..Chalk on the Farm Hands on Design and me
#pcwinterwonderland ..Little House Needleworks
#pchometownholidays ..Little House needleworks 
#lanternlanesal.. Little House Needleworks
#pcblessourhome ..Country Cottage Needleworks
#pcforestsnowfall ..Country Cottage Needleworks 

#santasundayxs
#merrymondayxs
#witchywednesdayxs
#fallfridaystitching
#starsnstripessaturday
 #pcblessourhome

***Please remember if you copy my finishing ideas that you be considerate and give a link to my blog or facebook page..****

 It is hanging on the basement  door in the kitchen and it looks so pretty with all the other Fall decor ..Thanks so much for stopping by!
This weeks Floss Tube video..


Fall home tour video ..


   If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                                  If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                               
                                            http://jannolson.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

Tracey said...

Perfection!! Thanks so much for sharing, Priscilla! :)

BeeStitched said...

Great finish!! You are such an inspiration! I must retire and do more "fun" stuff!!








gmp said...

I love your new wreath, & the way you modified the pattern. It looks amazing!!

Unknown said...

A perfect Halloween wreath for the sampler and your embellishments the added finish. Cute! Kathleen in Az

Karen Gieselman said...

This is so pretty!

Chrissie B said...

Darling Priscilla!

DianeM said...

What a nice score that wreath was <3 I love this latest finish & your idea to put a fabric background into the wreath makes such a difference...really, really pretty. Love the blue house too :)
Smiles, DianeM

Penneybuc said...

I have been doing cross-stitch for over 50 years. The dilemma has always been whether to frame it or really don't know what else. You have taken your beautiful work and made it the best part of your home's décor and seasonal décor. Bravo!

Barb said...

Just beautiful. Love all your finishing ideas!!

JackieG said...

Thank you so much Priscilla about the threads Much appreciated