Sunday, September 2, 2018

Quick and Easy Sausage and Peppers Pasta

Happy Sunday!
As promised here is the recipe for you if you have lots of peppers coming from your garden ..

 Here is what you need..
olive oil
pasta .. I love these orecciette shaped noodles
small container of chicken stock or broth, one cup
peppers ... we used banana peppers and green bell peppers and one tiny red pepper .. if you like spicy add some hot peppers
( when I make this off garden season I use one or two bags of the mini sweet peppers from the grocery store ) you need about 4-6 cups of chopped peppers
1/2 onion chopped
Sausage .. I use the loose sausage not in links
salt and pepper
red pepper flakes
fresh or dry basil
fresh or dry oregano
2 TBSP butter
1/2 cup half and half
chopped cherry tomatoes
parmesan or romano cheese
 chop up all your peppers and onions..add them to 2 tbsp of olive oil and saute until a little soft..about 8--10 minutes ..Then add your sausage and cook until done. Start your pasta water to boil.

 When your sausage is done add the butter and stock.. let simmer on low..add your pasta when it is finished cooking..also about 1/4 cup of the salted pasta water .. and about 1/4 cup of grated cheese..add in the half and half .. salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste ..

toss in your herbs 
add some chopped cherry tomatoes..and serve.. quick and easy and so good!
 top with some more grated cheese .. my family loves this for dinner.. hope yours does too!
If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                                  If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                               
                                            http://jannolson.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Laurel Piontek aka The Soggie Toad stitcher said...

Wow, this looks soooo good Priscilla!

Donna said...

This looks delicious! Definitely going to give a try! Thank you for sharing!

http://thankfullga447 said...

Thanks again for always thinking of your fans. Love your recipes.

~Judy~ said...

Will be making this soon. TFS judy

sjkrueg said...

Thsnks, this really looks good. I could almost smell just by looking at the pictures.!

Debbie said...

My husband asked for sausage with peppers and onions for dinner to night. Instead of the traditional on a higie roll he is getting this. Thanks for this recipe. ��

penelope10 said...

Next on the menu!