Thursday, July 11, 2019

Jolly July Ornament finishes!

Good morning!
I am having so much fun stitching Christmas for our Jolly July stitchalong with the Fat Quarter Shop! I have finished 6 of my 10 starts so far! Look at the cuteness!

All colored text is clickable for more information..

 ***Please remember if you copy my finishing ideas that you be considerate and give a link to my blog or facebook page..****
This is Christmas Cheer from Country Cottage Needleworks ..Day 9..  I decided my elves needed  to be in my favorite buffalo check colors! I mounted the stitching on sticky board and covered another sticky board with the plaid fabric for the back ..I ruffled red and black plaid homespun and attached it to the edges ..a ribbon hanger of black check and a buffalo check bow with a covered button top off the ornament .. I  then added 2 sprigs of greenery with red berries to the sides .. It is adorable!
Floss colors .. all Classic Colorworks ..Bamboo, Steamed Broccoli, Licorice Red , Black Coffee

aren't they just adorable! 

Next finish  .. my Day 2 ornament Merry Christmas To All by Heart In Hand
I left off the penguin and added buttons to the snowman .. again a lot of red and black floss. I used Classic Colorworks ..Licorice Red ,, Eggshell, Black Coffee, Rain Shower , Trail Dust and Jolly Holly
I also mounted the stitching on sticky board with batting underneath .. and mounted the same homespun to another sticky board for the back .. A red check ribbon is used for the hanger . I ruffled homespun for the outside edges .. and added a buffalo check ribbon bow and a snowman jingle bell ..It is so cute ! Beads came with this chart but I did not use them I just added stitches where the beads were supposed to go ..

So I have 5 ornaments for my trees so far and one for Cash's tree! Hopefully I can keep up with all of these and get a lot more finished! 

Thanks so much for stopping by! 

**** Our Amazon Shop  ****
Full of crafty and decorative items!

We have bags! Click here   

*** Stitching with the Housewives shirts ..click here  ****


2018 Christmas Home Tour

If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                               
                                            http://jannolson.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Barb said...

Wow! You are doing great! They are all just wonderful. That snowman bell adds such a cute touch!

Debbie said...

I love your finishes. Is the ruffle sandwiched between the 2 pieces of sticky board?

Stamper D said...

Very Merry! Love them all!

Christine said...

Wow - Great job! I like how you dressed the elves in buffalo plaid! Thank you so much for taking the time to post pics. It really is inspiring!

Chari said...

They are all so cute!Love how you finished them!