Sunday, July 7, 2019

An Ornament For Cash

Happy Sunday friends!
 Jolly July is going very well so far and I have finished 3 of  my 5 ornament starts! 
This little truck is from Star Spangled Swine Farm

 .. my chalkboard to cross stitch collaboration with Hands ON Design .. I started this on his birthday and finished it yesterday ..
Cash has a tree in his nursery that is  patriotic .. since his birthday is on the 4Th of July so this will be his tree topper .. I used all the called for floss and stitched in on 28 count black evenweave .. I added his name and birth date .. I googled small cross stitch alphabet and this one worked great

I mounted the stitching on sticky board with a layer of batting .. and then mounted plaid homespun onto another piece of sticky board . and  glued them together . The star that I mounted it on was darker wood and it got a whitewash coat of chalk paint .. The small star on top was also chalk painted. I added a piece of black check ribbon and a chicken button on top of the star ..
I also stitched this truck for myself 
and added it to this little vintage grater .. Pigs and Graters 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
**** Our Amazon Shop  ****
Full of crafty and decorative items!
*** Stitching with the Housewives shirts ..click here  ****
We have bags! Click here   

This weeks flosstube video ..

If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                               
                                            http://jannolson.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

stitchin_gma said...

Love it! So cute for a cute boy!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Cash’s star turned out great!

Barb said...

What a cute finish. I love the star as a background for the stitched piece. I stitch an ornament for my grand daughter each Christmas.

Arlene G said...

Love this tree topper for Cash's tree. It is too cute. That Cash is such a sweetie.

Lynda Richter said...

Love all you do! Thanks for all you share!

Sam I Am...... said...

Priscilla, that is the cutest! You are so creative and I'm sure he will cherish it for a lifetime! He is the cutest and I love how he is "finding his voice"! LOL! I hope you all had a great time and nice weather. I remember last year....so exciting and what a surprise! This year has gone by very fast!