Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Winter Chalkboard and a Stitchy Redo

Good morning!
I wanted to show you one of my winter vignettes in the family room today since I finally erased the Christmas chalkboard and added a winter saying to it!
 Yesterday it was 54 degrees here.. this is what I woke up to..Isn't it beautiful?

 This Lizzie Kate 4 seasons Winter sits in a thrift store tray on top of a vintage scale..Lots of winter still scattered all around the house!

 I found this chalkboard frame at Hobby Lobby .. There is a chicken on the top you might not be able to see because of the greenery ... I stitched all the Country Cottage Needleworks Cottages of the month a few years ago and decided they needed a little redo .. I added the aqua gingham on to the back and added magnets to attach..I am going to leave the outside of the frame red for a couple months but then I will paint it off white so it goes with every month..I also added a bow to the top that will get changed out for each month..
 I found these little Fitz and Floyd snowmen at the Good will this year .. they are so cute!
The oval galvanized tiered tray is full of vintage and new Putz type houses..

 and yes it is Cold Outside !
So that is it.. I need to go shovel ..hope you have a great day!
This weeks Floss Tube video..

 If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                                http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
                                           http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/

7 comments:

Christine said...

LOVE IT ALL!! Thank you for taking the time to share all your inspiring ideas!

Mary in AR said...

Luv the stitchy redo! And the newly fallen snow is beautiful! Thank you for sharing your day with us.

Robin in Virginia said...

The new chalkboard frame looks good and your stitch re-do is sweet. I like how you use the gingham. I am a bit envious of your snow. Stay warm!

Le crocette di Mariuccia said...

All very nice! Mariuccia

Unknown said...

As usual, I love your vignettes. We had mid 50s at the beginning of the week, but now we are in the 30s and 40s. No snow is forecast for us though.

Unknown said...

Love your Winter vignettes, especially the cute animals:). Kathleen in Az

Carol said...

Lovely vignettes and stitchy finishes, Priscilla! And enough of this crazy winter weather. You got more snow than we did this round, but it seems so unfair to tease us with warm weather only to have it snow the next day :)