Sunday, August 26, 2012

Raspberries !

Our raspberries are starting to get ripe..Just wish we had more plants !
Finally a zucchini !
We went raspberry picking at Thompsons Strawberry farm..
We put all these raspberries in the freezer to make raspberry bread all year long.
My daughter and I are going back on Wedenesday to pick more !
Our back sidewalk this morning, getting kind of close walking down the path !
Zinnias , Oh how I love them !
Here he is in is uniform, Still don't know if hes on the team or will red  shirt ..They had a scrimmage yesterday and he did get to kick a field goal ! He was so excitied !
Not such a great picture of the raspberry bread , but it is amazing stuff ! theres a glaze you pour on top made from heavy cream , butter and brown sugar ! Heres where I found the recipe..
Wish I had planted more zinnias , Oh thats right I did..but either chipmunks or my dogs dug them up !!
Our youngest son had his first high school football game yesterday morning..He plays on the offensive line . They won yesterday 42-14 !
Hope you all have a great week !Thanks for visiting my blog , and your nice comments !Tuesday Garden Partyhttp://lavendergardencottage.blogspot.com/Cottage Garden Party - button (3)
Share Your Creations
http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/

10 comments:

Kris said...

Your garden is so gorgeous Priscilla!!! I think your area is a good month or so behind us in the garden planting and all. My zucchinis are done now. In fact, all of the veggies are done now.
I am hoping good things happen for your son!!!!
And yea for your youngest boy too!!
XO Kris

Carol said...

YAY! You finally got a zucchini :) And how wonderful to have your own raspberries. Next year, I want to talk my husband into planting some berries and also some corn...we'll see!

Love your zinnias and that raspberry bread sounds amazing--will definitely give it a try :)

Keeping my fingers crossed for your son and best of luck to your youngest in his football high school career--sounds like he's off to a great start!

Heather - The Good Life said...

Your raspberries look yummy, I've never tried raspberry bread, but sounds good. Best wishes for your son to make the team. Take care, Heather

Lisa Lynn said...

I love your pics! Found you on the Garden Party!

debra said...

The house where I used to live had a row of raspberry bushes behind the garage..It was WONDERFUL! :)

Sherelle said...

Your garden (and your blog) are just beautiful! I'm so glad you like the raspberry pound cake...it's our favorite!

Yael from Home Garden Diggers said...

Mmmm! The raspberries and the raspberry bread look wonderful. I have never picked raspberries except in my grandmothers garden, but we have lots of wild blackberries here which I have picked. We usually buy crates from berry farm, eat some and freeze some. Hoping you have a good week.

Yael from Home Garden Diggers

Honey at 2805 said...

Thank you for sharing beautiful garden and pictures at Potpourri Friday! Remember to enter the Home Depot Giveaway!

Unknown said...

Can't recall ever hearing of raspberry bread. Raspberries aren't my favorite berry anyway.. I love the crowdscaping of your path...what some wonderful football players you have, I know you worry and are proud at the same time.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Yum! This sounds so yummy. Raspberries are my favorite fruit. How could anything with that glaze not be good? lol! Congrats to your son. I really miss those days of my kids playing sports. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
Hugs,
Jann