Friday, August 17, 2018

Sunflowers on the Mantel


Good morning!
The mantle is all set for the rest of the summer and I think these two approve :)
 I drew the main chalkboard with just some sunflowers and the word summer and the little chalkboard with the word sunflowers.. It hangs on a piece of vintage fence from a flea market.
 I found the black check and burlap garland at Hobby Lobby ..there is also a sunflower garland ..a cotton stem garland and chicken wire ribbon ,,
 sunflowers top the lanterns .. a vintage scale has a basket full of sunflowers on top ..this is my stitching chair so most nights this is where you will find me ..I cut the hydrangeas from my bushes the other day and they are in water to make sure they dry perfectly .. they are huge!

This happened and Ronnie was not going to be left out ..
I think they both know how popular they are :)
Thanks so much for stopping by!

If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                                  If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                               
                                            http://jannolson.blogspot.com/

9 comments:

bj said...

Oh, my....your sunflowers are sooo pretty. Great job.

Terri Patillo said...

Sunflowers are my "August" flowers. The last link between summer and fall. Love your decorations.

Anne S. (bizybee65) said...

The sunflowers and decorations are gorgeous! Ronnie & Calvin are spot on with their posing. You're going to have to get them their own Instagram account pretty soon they're pretty darn famous! --Anne

Sharon Morrison said...

Beautiful as always.

Christine said...

You've probably already talked about this but I was wondering how you attach garlands to your mantel to alleviate any damage to the wood. Thank you for taking the time to share with us!

Barb said...

Your sunflowers are a perfect bridge between summer and fall.

Sam I Am...... said...

Lovely display...you inspired me so I did a summer "chicken" display and I have one bunch of sunflowers. I'm also sticking to the weekly cross stitch "days". I want to do IG but I don't have a cell phone...I know...almost un-American! LOL! I love your hydrangeas they are HUGE! Ronnie and Calvin look so cute all posed like that. I think they are little 'hams' for the camera! LOL! Can't wait until tonight when I can watch your new podcast. Have a great weekend and give "Casherole" a sweet hug from me. Love those babies!
P.S. I am from IL originally and watching you 2 makes me not quite so homesick.

Unknown said...

Your hydrangeas are beautiful! Sunflowers and the black and white check are so pretty together. I love your late Summer mantel.
Ronnie and Calvin are to cute:).
Kathleen in Az

Carol said...

What a bright and cheery mantle--just love all the sunflowers (even though Ronnie and Calvin don't look too impressed :)!!