Saturday, August 18, 2018

Summer ABC'S


Good morning!
Summer ABC'S from Little House Needleworks is all finished and on display! I finished stitching it last week and finally got around to finishing it yesterday .. I had to paint the shutter ..it just did not look good in the brownish color with the red, black and yellow..so I chalk painted it yesterday with linen white and sanded the edges a little ..It looks amazing!

I mounted the stitching on sticky board .. I  have to put 2 pieces together because it does not come long enough ..

I used black gingham on another piece of sticky board ..I add ribbon ties and tie it to the shutter for changing out the seasons .. There is a magnet at the top to change out the bows ..

These are the colors I used .. I did switch a lot and switched a couple words..
I love it and love it on the vintage shutter in my kitchen .. 

***Please remember if you copy my finishing ideas that you be considerate and give a link to my blog or facebook page..****

aren't they all just wonderful?

If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                                  If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                               
                                            http://jannolson.blogspot.com/



13 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

It looks fabulous! I love the colors you used for it. Enjoy your weekend!

Karen Gieselman said...

I love it! I wish I had seen your changes before I stated mine. oh well I agree it does look better painted it shows up so much more! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Love the Summer ABCs, I think you have the other seasons too. I really enjoy your blog, you remind me of my mom and sister, gardening and sewing:). Kathleen in Az

Terri Patillo said...

I'd give anything to be so creative and versatile as you! Your finishes are awesome!

carol fun said...

LOVE it...will be borrowing some of your changes when I get mine stitched. I like Bees better than Apples for this one too. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful ideas!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Love all 4 seasons of the ABC samplers--did you do the stitching one??
So far I have the winter one stitched, the winter one stitched and the spring all stitched--and have the letters stitched in on the summer one and the Fall one--and now am working on the Fall designs in hopes--that one can be hung and displayed in the Fall--but I am also moving at the end of this month from FL to NY--soooo????????
enjoy, di

Sandy said...

They ARE all adorable.

Barb said...

That looks wonderful!! I am so tempted to start the series!

Kim said...

Priscilla, you are amazing! Love the changes you made to the piece. It really pops on the white. I bet the other pieces will too! Thanks for sharing. Kim

Sam I Am...... said...

Prisilla , it is beautiful! Thank you for the colors and changes you share with us. There are some projects that I have bypassed until I see your stitching of them and then I am blown away! You're so inspirational. Have a great week! BTW, I am still keeping up with the days of the week xs projects! Love it! I am at www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com if you want to see.

Carol said...

This is so adorable, Priscilla--and I like the white shutter even better than the brown. I think all of the seasons will show up better on the white :) Not sure if I will ever stitch this, but will definitely remember your color changes if I do--they look great!

Kristin McCollor said...

Thank you for sharing your color changes and finishing elements. This looks lovely. Always such great ideas.

Carolee said...

Hello,
Can you tell me how you made the word Bee and the bees? Is it from another cross stitch pattern or did you chart it yourself?
Thanks,
Carolee Wolf