Thursday, August 16, 2018

Fast and Easy Chicken Caprese

Good morning!
If you have lots of cherry tomatoes and basil you need to make this for dinner! It is so good I have made it twice this week already!
What you need..
boneless skinless chicken breasts ( I split them in half so they are thinner and cook faster )
salt and pepper
3 Tbsp. olive oil and 1 tbsp. of butter
handful of fresh basil
heaping tablespoon of brown sugar
about 2 cups sliced in half cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar 
mozzarella cheese
Using a big frying pan with your butter and olive oil melted add your chicken that has been seasoned with salt and pepper on both sides.. cook until almost all the way done ..mine were about 7 minutes a side because they are thin..
cut your cherry tomatoes in half 
 and chop up your basil while your chicken is cooking ..

 Pile up your chicken on the sides and add the vinegar to the middle of the pan .. add the brown sugar and the cherry tomatoes ..mix it up  a little bit and place your chicken back all over the pan ( try for a single layer so the cheese gets evenly distributed).. add most of the basil to the top of the chicken ( reserve a little for the finished dish ) then add the mozzarella cheese in slices or shreds all over the top of the chicken ..put a lid on the pan on low/ medium until the cheese is melted ..

we like ours on angel hair pasta ..with a sprinkle of Romano cheese ..make sure you add a little of the tomatoes and balsamic over the top .. so good and very fast and easy! Even my husband and son who don't like tomatoes love this recipe ..
If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                                  If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                               
                                            http://jannolson.blogspot.com/




11 comments:

Terri Patillo said...

Oh my goodness. This looks absolutely delicious!

RenateO said...

I will try it tomorrow. I have a liot of cherry tomatoes

rj0929 said...

Looks delicious. Thanks for the recipe.

Barb said...

Thanks Priscilla. I copied it and will try it soon. Looks yummy!

Bits of Stitching! said...

My kids will love this... me too! Thanks for sharing!

Susan Lankford said...

Looks delish, Priscilla!

Karen said...

Looks so good!

Dianne said...

Priscilla,

Made Chicken Caprese tonight and all four of us thought it was delicious. Quick and easy too. Thanks for sharing. (stitching_posies on Instagram).

Unknown said...

My husband loves this, it has sooo much flavor. I’ll be adding this to my list of go to dishes. Makes a great dish for large families and or if you’re having company. Give it a try!!!
Thank you Pricilla for sharing ❤️

Carol said...

Oh, that looks VERY tasty! I think I might even eat tomatoes in this dish :)

Tracey said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Priscilla, for sharing this amazing recipe!!!
I almost cried, when my husband took the first bite... he is extremely picky when it comes to food, and he just loved it!! It was so quick and easy to prepare... I'll definitely be making it again :)
P.S. I just thought I'd mention a couple of small changes that I made. I added a few cloves of fresh garlic while cooking the chicken, and since we don't eat processed sugars, I used pure maple syrup instead of the brown sugar. It was perfect!