Saturday, December 2, 2017

Tis The Season ..in vintage style

Happy Saturday! 
I finished stitching this Country Cottage Needleworks ...Tis The Season last night and had to finish it right up to put in the kitchen...


When I realized how small it was I thought it would be cute to mount on a vintage cupcake pan.. so yesterday I went to a couple stores and found this one.. I used magnets on the back of the piece to attach to the metal pan..
These are the floss color I used for my piece.. I'm thinking of stitching Santa and the Mrs. again for an ornament in the pink color..



 I used burlap ribbon with a red border and some plaid ribbon to make the bow .. I added greenery and berries to the top cupcake indentation..
It only took me 2 evenings to stitch this .. it is adorable! 
 I mounted the stitching to sticky board ,  mounted red check homespun to sticky board ..glued them together and added the magnets. It is right at home with all the vintagey Christmas decor on the shelves in my kitchen!
Our latest Flosstube video...

****Please remember if you copy my finishing ideas that you be considerate and give a link to my blog or facebook page..****


If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                                http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
                                           http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/

9 comments:

Pam in Virginia said...

Whenever you've wrapped homespun around sticky board and then attached it behind your stitching, it makes such a cute border/frame for your stitching and the whole piece just pops! So clever, cute and timeless.

But I'm curious...what does the back of the homespun sticky board look like? I think that's where you glue your sheet metal and magnets, but does your homespun just wrap around to the back a little bit, or do you have it completely cover the back and then add the magnets?

I love the excitement each new piece brings. These extra steps you take once the stitching is finished just add so much pizazz. I'm gonna hit the local hospital thrift shop Monday and see if they have any "Priscillas" sitting on the shelves.

Debbie said...

Darling piece!! Love the finish!

Unknown said...

Perfect finish for your stitching project and your shelf is full of Christmas goodies:). Kathleen in Az

Unknown said...

So very cute. I can't believe how fast you stitch. �� And that you actually fully finish your projects. Love it.
Also I watched your home tour. Amazing!!!! How long does it take you to put up and then take down? Would love to have some of your energy lol!

Thelma said...

I'm enjoying all your stitchery . What treasures you have to decorate you home and it's all homemade. Keep up the good work. xo

Gayle said...

What brand sticky board do you use? Could you please, please, please do a tutorial sometime of how you mount your cross stitch on sticky board. Thanks you!

Kate B. said...

Wow! That is a very beautiful village. Once upon a time I had a village, but not nearly as large. Small quarters prevent anything more than a church and a house. But I admire your village. How do you keep the dog from trashing the whole thing?

Maggee said...

Another lovely finish! Thanks for sharing again! Hugs!

Stamper D said...

Another awesome finish ❤