Saturday, August 31, 2019

Ye old Crow .. Fall has begun!

Good morning!
This is Ye Old Crow from Heart In Hand Needleart ..
I think this is my first piece ever that is stitched in only one color of thread .. I started this in May for Styitchmaynia and this is my 11th Stitchmaynia finish ! I repeated the pumpkin on the left for the right side but made it a stitch higher and did a different stem and kind of doodled with thread the backstitch .. I also didn't add the button , but added more of the smyna stitches
I used Classic Colorworks Sticks and Twigs and a piece of evenweave that I had dyed with brown  Rit dye .. then tea coffee dyed . ***Please remember if you copy my finishing ideas that you be considerate and give a link to my blog or facebook page..****
I mounted it on sticky board with 2 layers of batting ..I added a homespun plaid covered piece of sticky board to the back ,, I found the planked pumpkin at Hobby Lobby . I painted the leaves ( they were gold) with Lori Holt's chalky paint in the color Watering can .. I added a orange buffalo check bow and a velvet pumpkin .. It fits in perfectly with all the Fall decor !
thanks so much for stopping by! 
**** Our Amazon Shop  ****
Full of crafty and decorative items!


**

Ronnie's Needleminder click here 

We have bags! Click here   

*** Stitching with the Housewives shirts ..click here  ****
If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                               
 Blog  Parties I link to ...                                          

4 comments:

Debbie said...

It is beautiful. Your changes and finishings are as always inspirational.

Arlene G said...

I have done all three birds in this series including Tom Turkey and Redbird. I have to say they are some of my favorite stitches. I just put Ye Old Crow and Tom Turkey out in my fall dough bowl. Looking forward to todays video after I go to my grandson's soccer game.

Sheila said...

I love how you change things about to make your work unique. You give me so much inspiration.
Hugs-x-

Martha said...

Beautiful! Just added this pattern to my wishlist; but I have a stack of finished projects to ffo. Thank you for all the inspiration. I think Boo! from FQS club comes today and I’m so very excited. You have brought so much joy.