Thursday, August 15, 2019

Boo!

Good morning!
I am so excited to share the next mason  jar in the Chalkfull series! This is a chalkboard to cross stitch collaboration with Cathy at Hands On Design ..

Boo is a vintage blue mason jar filled with Jack O Lanterns!
The small  piece is Boo with the cutest Jack O Lantern 


Harvest was the first in the series and I have seen so many of you stitching and finishing it!
Mine is stitched on 28 count black evenweave .. with the called for floss colors
Ti finish the small I used the same enamel bucket from Hobby Lobby .. Mounted it an oval on sticky board with 2 layers pf batting underneath . I added Vintage trim ( ric rac ) from Lori Holt /Riley Blake . I ripped 2 pieces of Halloween plaid homespun and gathered them and glued around the edge. I added a buffalo check Halloween bow using a pipe cleaner to attach to the handle with a rusty Jack o Lantern jingle bell for an extra little added touch ..

For the jar finishing .. I used the enamel stand from Hobby Lobby .. I mounted it on sticky board ,, and then also mounted orange and black checks and black gingham on pieces of sticky board . 
For the topper I used 2 ribbons .. One black ticking stripe and the Halloween buffalo check . To the center of that I added a circle that I cut from sticky board and added 2 layers of batting , and gathered  orange and black check fabric to make a cute stand up ruffle around the edge .I then added a wooden Jack O Lantern that I chalk painted off white and distressed with glaze...

Here is the chalkboard that hung in my home last Halloween ..It's amazing the transformation from chalk to stitching isn't it ?
Thanks so much for stopping by ! Hope you all Love it!
**** Our Amazon Shop  ****
Full of crafty and decorative items!


**

Ronnie's Needleminder click here 
We have bags! Click here   

*** Stitching with the Housewives shirts ..click here  ****
This weeks FLoss tube video ...
 If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                               
                                            http://jannolson.blogspot.com/

12 comments:

Jackie said...

How wide is the ribbon you are using on Boo? I tried 1 1/2 on something and it looked way too small. Thanks!

Proverbs3122 said...

Soooo cute!! Can’t wait to stitch it up. I don’t usually decorate much for Halloween, but this is perfect!

Jinkie Lynn said...

Beautiful! One of my favorites! I’m in FQS club for your series and I will start this one as soon as it arrives. Love it!

Kristin McCollor said...

Once again you have created a fun pattern. Thanks for sharing how you finish these in such detail. I love your designs and Cathy’s interpretation into a cross stitch pattern.

stitchin_gma said...

Love all the pumpkins! You are wonderful! Can't wait for more designs in this series.

kurt and debbie said...

You are so incredibly talented! Thank you for sharing your talent with us!😊

Dani S.G. said...

OMG! I'm not a fan of Halloween but this pattern I like a lot. Love as always your finishes Priscilla thank you for sharing.😍😍😍

Unknown said...

I can't wait to stitch this.
Can you tell me if the seasons on chalk patterns are still available somewhere?

Barb said...

It is so cute! You must be very proud. I love all the different expressions on the pumpkins!

Unknown said...

What a great series the two of you are creating! The designs fit perfectly with my decorating aesthetic. Hmm...maybe because it's similar to yours, but mine is nautical farmhouse. Thank you for sharing your home and art.

Helen L said...

Love it!! What black evenweave is it that you used? It is hard to find in black! :-) I just bought your Queen Bee Farm yesterday and need black for it and the other of your chalkboards that I hope to do. :-)Keep up the great designing: I love your work!! And I love the videos you two do: I can see the love you two have for each other and I know it is because you have been a great mother to your daughter!! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

Carol Leatherman said...

LOVE this! My family nick name is Boo ( it is a long story....) and to this day my nephew and niece call me Bee Boo because when they were little they could not say Auntie Boo....anyways, I will get this pattern!1
Love your designs!!
Carol Leatherman