Thursday, January 10, 2019

A Little January Finish..

Happy Thursday friends!
I stitched this little Hands on Design Year of Celebrations January..I switched up the colors and I do love how it ended up!
For the finishing .. I found this metal drawer/ box at Hobby Lobby .. I glued a wood block on the inside .. then added a gingham covered piece of sticky board ..I used black gingham because black pretty much goes with everything :)

***Please remember if you copy my finishing ideas that you be considerate and give a link to my blog or facebook page..****
I used floss colors from Classic Colorworks .. Ribbon Red .Snowball...and Black Coffee.. 28 count grey tea/coffee dyed fabric
I used a magnet on top of the box for the bow embellishments and a magnet glued to the gingham  to attach the stitching .. I tore a strip of buffalo plaid fabric and ruffled it around the piece .. and added a bow of buffalo check .. some flocked greenery and one of the snowman bells tied on with baker's twine ..It is very cute! I plan to stitch almost all of the other month charts .. so they can be added to this box with no problem!

This weeks floss tube video
                                    If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                               
                                            http://jannolson.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Kay said...

So cute, everything you do looks amazing. x

Barb said...

That is so cute and I love the snowman bell!