Monday, February 27, 2017

Spring Stitchy Finishes


Happy Monday!
I hope you had a great weekend!
I did some Spring cross stitch finishing today..A friend of mine on Instagram had 2 of these bunny charts and she asked me if I wanted one and she mailed it to me .. It was such a quick stitch I started it last night and finished it early this morning.. I found this frame at the Good Will for $1.99 ( it was gold ) and chalk painted it cream. I did a black gingham on the bias for the background and two different black check ribbons for a bow with a rose check covered button..

a little vintagy lace trim on the bottom and it is so cute!

Yesterday I finished up the small chart from Prairie Schooler Spring has come.. I found this frame at Hobby Lobby and took the clip off of it . It is one of those clip board frames. I used magnets on the back of the frame and small sheet metal pieces on the back of my stitching so I can stitch other small Prairie Schooler charts and use the same frame.

Green gingham on the bias and a burlap bow with a black covered button finish the top..

Then the Lizzie Kate February .. This frame is also from The Good Will 99cents.. it was also gold ...but chalk paint fixes everything! :)
I also did the magnets, sheet metal on this one so I can stitch all the months and have one for every month .. I better get busy on March :)
All of these are stitched on  28 count coffee/tea dyed evenweave..
Thanks so much for stopping by!

 If you would like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)

                                              http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
                                           http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/


2 comments:

Carol said...

These are all so adorable, Priscilla! I stitched that first one for a friend--need to stitch him again for myself :) The little lace at the bottom of that one is so cute! Do you use chalk paint for all of your recycled frames? I'll have to give it a try!

laceystitcher said...

I love all of these stitched pieces and the finishing that you did on them. Could you show a picture of the backing and mounting you use? It would be helpful. Thank you.