Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Border..

I started and finished the border last night.. I did a row of sc, two rows of half double crochet , and then 3 half double crochets in each around. It just makes a soft ruffled border. love the way it turned out.   Now to sew in all the ends.




I don't know why my dogs always think they need the newest blanket to lay on. I had the blanket sitting on the back of the chair and she climbed up on it, and wouldn't get off ! This blanket is not dog friendly because of all the holes , I don't want any of their feet to get tangled up in it.
Hopefully I will get some time today to start the sewing in process

This is where I got the inspiration from to make this blanket..http://scottys-place.blogspot.com/2012/05/oh-goodie.html  If you go to Pam's newer posts you can see her progress on this same blanket, done in black ..
For those who have asked , its all acrylic.. mostly red heart for all the colors, the background is mostly hobby lobby I love this yarn , in sea blue.
Thanks for coming by !!

8 comments:

Kris said...

It is beautiful! I am trying to come up with a simple border for my bobble. I think it needs to be soft and uncomplicated like the one you just did. How many stitches do you make for your corners?
Kris

Charlotte said...

Beautiful! I am a new follower that found you through Pam at Scotty's Place.

Petunia Pill said...

Perfect border! Ends...bleck! Dogs...it must be part of "Being a Dog 101"...they know the good stuff when they see it! New is ALWAYS better! LOL Annette

@Flor_HandMade_It said...

╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
╱╱┏╮╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
╱╱┃┃╱╱╱┳╱┓┳╭┫┳┓╱
▉━╯┗━╮╱┃╱┃┣┻╮┣╱╱
▉┈┈┈┈┃╱┻┛┛┻╱┻┻┛╱
▉╮┈┈┈┃╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
╱╰━━━╯╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱

Barbara said...

This afghan is again a reason why I love visiting your blog (although I rarely take the time to write a comment, sorry!)

Just wanted to let you know that I've got the Sunshine Award for you over at my blog!

Have a great week-end,

Barbara

Firenze said...

WOW! So love this blanket! TFS these beautiful images.
Helen -- Firenze Cards

Kam said...

This is amazing. Lovely blanket! Thanks for posting!

Unknown said...

I love it so much! Can you please share the pattern? :D