Thursday, April 27, 2017

A Vintage Window and a Nest...

Hello friends! 
Hope you have had a great week so far ..It is almost the weekend! 
A few days ago I finished stitching Where Hearts Rest by With Thy Needle and Thread. I didn't have an idea how I would like to finish it, and I searched my basement for a frame but I had nothing.
***Please remember if you copy my finishing ideas that you be considerate and give a link to my blog or facebook page..****
 Today I had the idea to put it in a wreath on the vintage window in my family room so that's what i did! I had a small cotton branch wreath there but it just wasn't big enough ..

 I mounted the stitching on sticky needlework board and the same for the dark red homespun check. Glued those two together. Then I made a bow out of some twine wired ribbon that I had taken off a Fall decomesh wreath that I was throwing away. I added some of the burlap ribbon with the aqua center ..then took a nest from my Spring decorations and glued it to the top of the bows. I converted the floss to mostly Classic Colorworks in the colors ..Colonial Rose.. Calico Kitty .. Manor red.. Wagon wheel.. Polliwog.. Olive Branch.. Rain Shower.. Khaki Mocha.. Hazelnut ..I also used Weeks Olive

I added some of the thistle balls and also some little daisy looking flowers. I Added a strip of the homespun fabric for hanging and there it is ..Done .. and I love it! ( of course I do or I wouldn't be showing you!)
I will be back tomorrow with another finish!


If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)

                                              http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
                                           http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's fun to find bits and pieces of what you already have to finish up the wreath, a cute stichery too:).
Kathleen in Az

Quiltsmiles said...

I love your finishes and this nest presented in the grapevine wreath is perfect! I know you mention in several posts about framing your counted cross stitch and then using magnets. I'm having trouble framing a spring finish myself and wondered do you have or would you make a photo heavy tutorial?

Charli Smith said...

Valuable information in your blog and I really appreciate your work and keep it up dude I really very informative blog about the single pane well done.
single pane