Wednesday, December 11, 2019

The Red Truck Tree And Two New Ornaments!

Happy Wednesday! 
I am here today with my Red truck carrying a tree ..tree! Which has kind of morphed into any vehicle carrying a tree...tree :)
This tree is one of 2 trees that is surrounded by the Christmas village .. the trees sit up on one of the Christmas bins for the village to go underneath . 

the 2 new ornaments are the little truck from Holly Jolly farm ( my chalkboard to cross stitch collaboration with Hands on Design ) you can see more about that here  
and bringing home the tree just the car portion from Lori Holt ..to which I added Calvin ..Piper and Ronnie .. with Santa driving .I just free handed the riders and I thought they all turned out super cute! I stitched it on 32 count Barnboard check Lugana .. Did you fall off your chair that it wasn't monaco ? :) I used Classic Colorworks  Ribbon Red , Bamboo.. English Ivy .. Black Coffee ..Eggshell( santa's beard) Rainshower and Pine Needles ..for the pets I used scraps 
I mounted the stitching to sticky board ..with 2 layers of batting . I also mounted red ticking stripe fabric to sticky board and glued the 2 pieces together .I then added a ruffle of white with red ticking stripes to the back of the red ticking stripes . Both of these fabrics are in our finishing bundle available here   I added a buffalo check ribbon bow to the top and a little tree farm sign

The truck and Ronnie from Holly Jolly Farm ..I stitched on 28 count evenweave black .. I used Classic Colorworks ribbon red.. spinach .. bamboo .. and brown sugar for Ronnie ..
Ronnie loves here ornament and so do I ! I mounted it on sticky board with batting underneath .. I added red chicken wire fabric to sticky board and glued the two pieces together . I mounted black gingham to sticky board and attached the truck pick ( Michael's) to the top .. I used a piece of red / white bakers twine for the hanger .
***Please remember if you copy my finishing ideas that you be considerate and give a link to my blog or facebook page..****
The tree has burlap Merry Christmas ribbon woven through .. trays and plates that I have turned into ornaments .. A Christmas Tree Farm arrow .. a truck with a tree in the back .. lots of Rae Dunn inspired ornaments made by Chelsea .. buffalo plaid ribbons and lots of vehicles with trees on top! I made the topper out of book pages and buffalo check ribbons .. This is one of my favorite trees and I just love having two new stitched ornaments on it! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!
This weeks video ..


*** Our Amazon Shop  ****
Full of crafty and decorative items!

**
We have hoodies! Click here 
Ronnie's Needleminder click here 

We have bags! Click here   

*** Stitching with the Housewives shirts ..click here  ****

 If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                               
 Blog  Parties I link to ...                                          

2 comments:

Shelly Nichols said...

Love the tree and your new ornaments! πŸŽ„πŸ›·πŸŽ…πŸ»πŸ€ΆπŸ»

Patty's Stitches said...

Yes, I almost fell off my chair when you said what fabric you used! The ornaments are SO pretty. I love that you added your sweet babies and Santa!!!