Thursday, June 20, 2019

She’s a Grand Old Flag !

Good morning!
This is Quaker Flag from The Stitcherhood .. all finished up! This is a stitch a long with Kimberly from  The Fat Quarter Shop #fqsquakerflag .. 
This was also one of my Stitchmaynia starts and my 8th Stitchmaynia finish :)

***Please remember if you copy my finishing ideas that you be considerate and give a link to my blog or facebook page..****

I stitched it on 28 count really darkly tea / coffee dyed fabric .This stuff was roasted and toasted kind of on accident .. but I love it!  I used Classic Colorworks ..Ribbon Red .. Blue Corn and Bamboo... Calvin must have taken the Ribbon Red Tag .. He prefers Licorice Red :)

I mounted it on a board I had painted the same color as my kitchen ,, then distressed with glaze. I had previously used this board for Easter Peep Parade  which I had mounted on there with magnets and sheet metal ...

I mounted the stitching on sticky board with 2 layers of batting .. I added red buffalo check fabric on sticky board for the backing .. Washers were added to the back to attach to the magnets already on the piece .I made a bow with 3 different ribbons and added a wooden star I bought at Hobby Lobby .. Love it on the aqua!
 It goes perfectly with the small piece from Star Spangled Swine! As I said in our You Tube video .. I would have never chosen this chart to stitch by the photo .. but look at it ! It is amazing.. and it was quick to stitch!

Thnaks so much for stopping by! Have a great day!

**** Our Amazon Shop  ****
Full of crafty and decorative items!

We have bags! Click here   


If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                               
                                            http://jannolson.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

I'm always excited to get back to stitching when I see your designs! Especially love your bunny pulling the cart. Thank you for providing so much inspiration.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Barb said...

You got that one finished quickly. It is so pretty. Calvin looks like a demon cat in that photo!

katie1724 said...

It is really pretty! I love the way you finished it and how you have it displayed!!

Edie said...

Another adorable finish!

Unknown said...

So cute! I love it❤