Saturday, July 14, 2018

A Chicken In A Basket

 Hello friends!
I stitched and finished this cute chicken ( Hens and Chicks)from With Thy Needle and Thread back in March .. and while I liked the finish I didn't love it .. and now I love it ..

 
Originally I had used this picket fence from Hobby Lobby to hang it .. I found this Tobacco Basket at Hobby Lobby last week and decided to take it off the fence and pop it in the basket ..
Right now it sits on top of my kitchen shelf.. not sure if that's permanent .. but it looks awesome there..
I left it mounted to the ticking covered sticky board .. added covered buttons .. a ruffle of torn white and red homespun .. a couple cotton branches and a gingham bow .. I did use magnets and metal washers in case I want to change it out..
 ***Please remember if you copy my finishing ideas that you be considerate and give a link to my blog or facebook page..****
This weeks You Tube video...
If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                                  If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                               
                                            http://jannolson.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Natureluvr57 said...

I like the picket fence finish but it depends on whether you want to stand it or hang it. What really caught my eye was the Roosters with sunflowers and fence. Do you remember the pattern? Going to watch the video tonight!

Anonymous said...

that is so cute,, the colors are beautiful as well,

Justine said...

What a lovely finish Priscilla. I really liked the white pocket fence but I'm sure you can use it for something else and the basket looks awesome!

Carol said...

Very cute in the basket! I loved the fence, too, but I know you and you'll quickly find a new piece of stitching for it :)

Unknown said...

Would you please tell me the linen you use. I can't remember what video you discussed this. I think it was Monaco but can't remember the count. Thank you, I really appreciate your talents and sharing