Wednesday, December 6, 2017

The Christmas Rules!


 Happy Wednesday Friends!
It is finished .. The Christmas Rules are finally done!
 I finished this up last night .. buttons sewed on .. border finished and this morning I finished it for display on this vintage chippy piece of fence I got while Flea Marketing this fall...
I haven't decided where it will be displayed so while I was moving it around Ronnie had to get in the photo...

 I mounted it on sticky board ..2 pieces fitted together.. I tried cutting some foam core board and OMG could not get it straight! You can't tell that I had to put 2 pieces together so I am not even going to try foam board anymore.. I did manage to cut the piece that the Christmas plaid fabric is on out of foam core board. I attached it to a chalkboard piece that I wrote Falala all around ,,
I made a big bow out of 3 kinds of ribbon and used 2 snowy pics for the top.. I love it on the old fence ..it turned out just the way I imagined it! 
I used all Classic Colorworks for the floss so here is my conversion if you are interested...
Called for - Classic Colorworks conversion
Bullfrog- Mistletoe
Garnet -Licorice Red
Grasshopper-Bean Sprout
Hazelnut- Brandied Pears
Juniper-Balsam Fir
Louisiana Hot Sauce-Ribbon Red
Morris Blue-Deep Blue Sea
Peony-Ripe Melon
Whitewash-Khaki Mocha 
****Please remember if you copy my finishing ideas that you be considerate and give a link to my blog or facebook page..****

If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                                http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
                                           http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/

8 comments:

connie said...

Love..Love ..Love it..A great finish..Ronnie's little face always makes me smile..

Unknown said...

Ronnie's definitely your craft ambassador:). If you have room near the front door, The Christmas Rules would welcome your friends and family, although your home indoors and outdoors is very welcoming! Kathleen in Az

PNLima said...

It is great! Love it and Ronnie his a web star! :-)
Rules to live by at Christmas are even better when stitched and displayed as you did!

Laura Love said...

Wowzers! I can't stop looking at this! So beautifully finished! Do you make a lot of your chalkboard backgrounds that you mount your stitching on? Hi Ronnie, you are such a cutie! That rustic fence is perfect, kind of reminds me of an old vintage wooden sleigh type boards. Just stunning!

Carol said...

This is such a perfect finish for Christmas Rules--I love it :)

IowaKim said...

You and Chelsea inspired me to buy $49 worth of frames and baskets at Goodwill today...lol

Maggee said...

What a happy, cheery piece! The finishing is awesome, as we have come to expect! It is so fun to find a new blog post from you, chock full of new inspiration! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

Hamza said...

wow thats looking nice rules.
Christmas Eve