Saturday, October 21, 2017

Trick or Treat Window

Good morning friends!
I finished this Bent Creek piece a couple days ago and finished it up into a vintage window yesterday..

 I dyed the fabric with tea and coffee then didn't think it was dark enough so I poured some brown Rit dye on it and rinsed it out .. All the colors I used are above .. this was a really quick stitch ..Long and skinny ..so I needed to find a cute way to finish it..
 I found this window at the flea market last time and added the stitching to the bottom..My daughter Chelsea cut me the Trick or Treat letters on her Cricut .. I have a Cricut too but she has a newer version hooked up to her I Pad so it's easier for her to use than dragging my computer down the basement .. I attached them with a little adhesive so I can remove them and add another piece to the window for a different season..I also added a crow from The Dollar Tree on top...I added a band of black check homespun to each end of the piece ..

Thanks so much for your visit!
  If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                                http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
                                           http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/

4 comments:

The Eveningstitcher said...

Love it Priscilla!! So clever! Have a happy Saturday....looking forward to your video today...I darn near went through withdrawals last week.....

CathieJ said...

I really like this stitched piece and you always find interesting ways to use your crafty finds.

Unknown said...

Your Halloween window is cute! I see the Queen is snuggling in her Halloween quilt:).
Kathleen in Az

Anonymous said...

I just love seeing your work and you do really know how to display it!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)