Thursday, October 26, 2017

Halloween Table Runner


Good morning!
Remember those Halloween Quilts we made ?
I had 3 extra 4 square rows ( because we were clueless when we were cutting out our fabrics) :)so I sewed them together and made a table runner! I didn't have a new bolt of batting so I used the scraps we cut off from making our quilts and pieced them together ..
 This is the backing ...you can see all my crooked quilting lines .. I know I need a walking foot to make that easier but they are expensive for my machine .. I think the binding got a little easier this time though! It is not perfect but it is CUTE! If you would like to see more about the tiered tray click here..

 Thanks so much for visiting!


 If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                                http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
                                           http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/

6 comments:

Ginny said...

The prices for name brand machine feet are crazy expensive. You might look for a 3rd party foot. A good source is nancysnotions.com Happy sewing!

Simply Quaint said...

Your quit and table runner both look awesome, even without a walking foot for machine, I’ve done a few baby quilts with mine and I don’t have either.....they get a bit wonky, but hey that way you know for sure it’s homemade 😀😀....watch for 60% off coupons at joanns maybe you can get a walking foot there...I need one for my machine too..mine is a brother.....love your blog and yours and Chelsea floss tube....look forward to them every week......

Blessings
Rhonda

Barb said...

What a great way to use the extra squares! Everything looks so festive and ready for the big day! We are suppose to have lovely weather. For us in the PNW that is extra special!!

Unknown said...

My sister use her extra quilt blocks for runners, place mats, etc. Love your material for your Halloween runner.
Kathleen in Az

Cindy's Stitching said...

Love the picture of you and chelsea with the quilts, amazing. The table runner came out great. With time the lines will get straighter. You might need to invest in the foot for the sewing machine, makes it a lot easier.

Unknown said...

It looks great! I have a walking foot and my lines are still crooked when I'm working on a big quilt. I do the best I can do and don't worry about it. Your quilts are beautiful and you both should be very proud of them. You will always remember doing them together and how much fun you had.