Saturday, March 5, 2016

Stitching Daffodils

 Good morning!
I finished stitching this Prairie Schooler Daffodils last night and finished it up this morning..Yesterday I went to Michaels and found this pedestal ( frame I guess you could call it..) I stitched it on 28 count tea/coffee dyed Monaco ..I used all the called for thresds except I changed the white to ecru..and I didn't stitch the border around the piece.
It is sitting in the foyer with the March cottage from Country Cottage Needleworks ..A vintage scale ..birds and nests and I have still kept my little white lights from Christmas on the chest ... love the happy little lights ..and it is also snowing so why not have Christmas lights :)

This is what it looks like ..It was around $12.00 on sale.. Of course I want to stitch all the Prairie Schooler months so this frame will work perfectly to change them out.. I thought about using the back side of the frame and painting it because I didn't want the stitching so far in that you wouldn't be able to see it.

I ended up cutting a cardboard piece from a bolt of fabric the right size to put in the frame .. It doesnt matter that its not wide enough I just needed something to be able to adhere the next piece to ..that would raise it our of the frame enough to be seen.
So after that was glued in with hot glue ..I cut a piece of sticky mat board ( the size of the inside of the frame) and covered it with burlap .. It fits in there very snugly and I used a little bit of hot glue to adhere that to the cardboard bolt. I then mounted my finished stitching on another piece of sticky mat board ..then another piece of mat board with the blue gingham in a little bigger size. I glued the stitching to the blue gingham mat board . I used magnets on the frame and small pieces of sheet metal on the back of the gingham/ stitching ..and there you go... a way to change out the months!

 Every month will probably have a different backing material but everything goes with burlap!

 I also dry brushed grey acrylic paint on the top scrolly thing because it comes in a very royal blue .. You can still see a little of the blue peeking out but I like that look.

Hope you have a great weekend!
If you would like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)

Thanks so much for all your visits and sweet comments !

Linking to these fabulous parties !

http://modvintagelife.blogspot.com//


10 comments:

Myra said...

I love what you did with this piece. Thank you so much for sharing.

Carol said...

Oh, that is adorable, Priscilla! You have a wonderful ability to look at an object like this frame and picture how you can change it up to make it suit your needs :) I love the burlap, too, and you'll end up saving so much money by being able to interchange them each month--great job!!

Unknown said...

Another great finish to a beautiful piece of needlework! Love this!
Janice

Christine said...

I love this pedestal frame for a finish! Thank you for sharing it with us!

Quayceetatter said...

Beautiful Cross stitch! Thanks for the Tutorial on the stand. Will have to look for one!!

Unknown said...

So cute and you can change it with the seasons, very versatile.
Kathleen in Az

Anonymous said...

What a great fix-it you did on that frame. That was a little inspired genius! I love your whole March set up. I always like to see your monthly/seasonal arrangements. Your stitching is so beautiful, and where you've placed things is a terrific, warm arrangement.

Pondside said...

Thank you for yet another really good idea.....you have a lot of them and are very generous about sharing.
Now off to the PS website for a little more shopping!

Barb said...

I love that March PS. Thanks so much for sharing how you did the presentation.

angelasweby said...

What a wonderful display on your chest. I love seeing how you finish your PS stitching. I can't believe you found such a pretty pedestal frame in Michael's. We don't have anything like that in England. You stitch so quickly ~Your vintage weighing scales and the nests are perfect.